Sweet, 3yr old Female Abandoned Chow Needs Good Home

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

eberzins
Rank 0
Rank 0

Sweet, 3yr old Female Abandoned Chow Needs Good Home

Post by eberzins »

My fiancee jogs every night, and 3 nights ago came across a lone, seemingly abandoned skinny chow chow wandering into the street with no collar. She approached the dog and found her to be quite friendly, and so managed to coax her all the way back to our apartment where we fed her and gave her a private room to stay in (we already have 4 cats that we've rescued). Unfortunately, my fiancee is terribly allergic to dogs: she can't even be in the same room for more than a few minutes before wanting to tear her own skin off, and so we had to take the dog to the vet the next morning. She is currently being boarded there at quite an expense while we try to find her a home as we do not want to take her to animal control to be put down. We would simplify matters and keep the dog ourselves like we've done with the many cats we've found if it were not for her allergies. The dog has been given shots for rabies and distemper, and we are currently waiting results as to her spay status - if she has not been spayed, we will be paying for the procedure. She's quite a good dog and very cute, with no problems getting her to the vet, or having her ride in the back seat of a car, and she displays no food aggression. We live in Savannah, Georgia, but are willing to take her out of state to SC and FL and maybe farther for the right family. We just want her to have a good home, but we can't afford to board her at the vet forever, so if you, or someone you know is willing to make room for a friendly, quiet, laid back dog, than please consider taking her in.

Here is a picture of her at the vet:
3yr old Female Chow (abandoned)

Please contact us here, by email ( eberzins at gmail dot com ), or by phone ( three zero two - three four four - three eight zero three ) if you are seriously interested in taking this dog. Thank you!
Jeff&Vicki
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Sweet, 3yr old Female Abandoned Chow Needs Good Home

Post by Jeff&Vicki »

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." .... Will Rogers
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

What a beautiful girl! I hope you can find a home for her.
cjkelly1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cjkelly1 »

Foxy has found a permanent home with her boarders in Tampa, Florida. She now is part of a 2 human and 3 dog pack including: Lady (recently rescued female Chow Chow, Jack a rescued male Doberman and Charlie and Sue Kelly. =D=

Thank you
Charlie