Happy Endings!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

LucysSusanH
Rank 0
Rank 0

Happy Endings!

Post by LucysSusanH »

This has been a great weekend for badly-treated Chows!

Remember back in early February when I told you about the old Chow gentleman who had been abandoned by his family? Yesterday Bing left on a 2-day transport with a German Shepherd to join his new family in Ontario, Canada. He has been in a nice kennel all this time being treated for heartworms and waiting for things to work out, but now he is joining a wonderful family and will have a brand new little Chow sister, Chloe. Judy, if you are of a mind, please fly the Canadian flag soon in tribute to Bing as he becomes a Canadian!

There was a post about a month ago about Orion, a Chow in Memphis who had bitten someone and was about to be PTS. That was his one and only biting incident in 6 years and was clearly the result of poor human decisions. Karen took the lead and got him into a safe foster situation and today I got to deliver him to his new family, a couple who lost their beloved 14 year old Chow girl, Misty, a few months ago. Richard, the new guardian, had gone out and bought a bed, collar & leash, dishes, food, toys, and treats for Orion and was pacing the floor till they arrived. Even though Orion had met Richard only once a week before, he remembered him and instantly made himself at home. When his foster mom, Jill, and I left them, there were two happy guys!

It is always a burden to think of the Chows who are being treated badly by evil and stupid people and those who are on the street or whose lives are in danger in kill shelters or who are waiting for new homes in rescues while grieving old ones and not understanding. When a couple get lucky and find such loving homes, it is a real thrill. Judy, how about the Tennessee flag some day soon in honor of Richard and Orion and all of the people who brought them together!

Susan
Lucy's Susan H.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I am almost in tears here. Susan, thank you so very much for giving us an update on both Bing and Orion. It's so wonderful to hear good coming out of something bad. Both Bing and Orion had it rough, but now they will be loved like every chow deserves to be.
Nancy and Tai

Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Wonderful Susan. Thank you for all of your hard work in saving these wonderful Chows.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Hip, hip, hooray!! I am so happy that Orion has a new forever home. Thanks to Kathy, Jill, and Susan this has been possible. I understand now the huge amount of effort and emotions involved with doing a rescue. I have utmost respect for anyone and everyone that takes on this task.

Susan - I praise you for your help with Bing, Orion, Star, and Max. :D

Karen
TigerTiger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TigerTiger »

Thanks for sharing these happy ending story with us!!! God bless.
Purple kisses from Tiger xxxxxx

Karen, Pablo & Tiger
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It is heart warming to hear both these gentlemen are now with their final owners. Such generosity from all who were involved in their rescue gives me hope that we really are humane beings. Great job!
Odessa's mum
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Odessa's mum »

Wow we have a new Chow Chow in Ontario, maybe Bing can join us for our picnic which had to be postponed from May 28 to Jun 04/2006.

Tiger, Coco, Popeye -- do you'll mind?

Where in Ontario are you Bing? Welcome to Canada and hope to hear from you soon.

Odessa :)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Susan, thanks for updates! I'm also fighting back the tears. Happy endings are so wonderful!!
Elaina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Elaina »

Susan, I love happy tail endings. Thank you so much for the good you do. :D :D :D
Peace and Blessings
Elaina, Max-A-Million, Mei-Mei, Mikko and our Queen...Mahayana
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

I'm here at my desk at work with tears running down my face. I love endings like this. Sometimes I get so sad thinking about the beautiful Chows who are being mistreated everyday by mean, stupid, hateful people. These dogs are so deserving of our love and attention. They are such honourable beings, which is much more than we can say for so many rotten humans!
Best of luck to Bing and Orion and their wonderful new families!

Tovya
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Wonderful Susan! Absolutely, bloody, wonderful! :lol:

I have checked the calendar and we will fly the Canadian Flad tomorrow 23rd. May for Bing. :lol:

On Wednesday, 24th May we will fly the State of Tennessee flag for Orion. :lol:

Please tell their new families if you can, that in a garden full of love, in a small north-western town in England, a flag is flying for their brave boys. :lol:

Thank you so much for telling us Susan. :lol:

And purple kisses and hugs to you and yours. :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

I am just overjoyed to read this! Susan & Karen thank you for working so tirelessly to find these two wonderful chows happy homes! Please keep us updated with their progress if you hear any news!

Hugs
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Susan, Karen and all that lent their hearts, hands and heads to this wonderful outcome

Thank you!!!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
pannw1267
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pannw1267 »

Just want to add my thanks for wonderful work in finding homes for the 2 needy but now blessed chows.
Patti & Jim, Max & Miah Image