Annie

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Annie

Post by KathrynH »

Most of you know that my husband and I have been fostering Annie, and we had been trying to decide whether or not we were only going to foster or become her forever home. I'm sure I'm going to get blasted by some of you for this, but we are now more actively trying to find a forever home for her. We were hoping things would work out, but we just don't have the time that she needs from a family. She's never met a stranger, she's such a sweet dog, but she needs a some work in some area's. She's great with children and adults. She's had entropian surgery as well as been spayed, and she's now a healthy weight. We are willing to keep her as long as it takes to find her a forever home that will love her and spoil her with all the attention she needs. Please understand that we feel this is in her best interest, and we aren't just "tired" of her or anything else like that. For those of you that haven't seen her, here are some before and after pics of her. Thanks! Kat
Before

Now:

Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Annie

Post by CoraP. »

Annie looks so much better than she did when you first got her. I remember we thought she'd been put down, but then found out she was still alive. She is a beauty and I hope she'll find a wonderful home.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Awww I know this must be hard for you, but you were a blessing for taking her in when you did. She has certainly blossomed in your care. Maybe Duallypilot and Stacy would be interested in giving Annie a forever home.
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

I didn't realize those bottom pics were of Annie. I thought they were of Buddha! I can't believe how different she looks, even her facial structure seems different. Wow!
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Yeah...I am afraid I may have let her get a little too heavy, she's heavier than buddha at least LOL We've cut back on her food some, to slim her down a little LOL
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

Hey, she was so skinny she had swayback. A little extra plumpness won't hurt her for a little while :D
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Annie has a home! One of the girls I work with is going to give her a forever home! I had talked to her a year ago about her getting a Chow and what to look for , and what to expect, and we really saw eye to eye on how you raise pets as part of the family and everything. She's also done some of her own research, as well as reading posts on this board. I'm really excited about her new home! And since I work with her, I'll be able to keep a good eye on her. They are picking her up Saturday morning so that they have the whole weekend to be with her and bond with her. It's kind of bittersweet for us, I know that the three of us will miss her, but this is also the best thing for her, since they will be able to work with her more than we've been able to. We plan on spoiling Buddha this weekend too, to make it easier on him, but I know it'll be an adjustment for all of us.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I hope we'll be able to hear about Annie and how she is doing in her new home.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

I'm going to encourage her to become a member here. It's been a valuable thing for me to learn more about our Chowy friends, and I'm sure she'd like all the support, and would learn a lot!
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Yay for Annie =D=
ImageImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Yay for all of you! You did a great thing helping Annie & letting her go must have been really hard. But you did what was best for her & I love that you'll be able to keep in touch with her. Kudos =D=
Thank you Elodie!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Kathryn,you were wonderful to take Annie and nurse her back to health.
you saved her life O:)
I'm happy that Annie found a forever home and that you'll be able to see her and help if needed :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Thank you. Yesterday was a very bittersweet day for us. Erica came over and picker her. You could see the confusion in her face, and it broke my heart. Well, Erica called a little while later and said she was exploring and that she would come to Erica and let Erica love on her. Erica already loves her so much! It made it easier knowing she went to an awesome home.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

It must have been very hard to say good by to Annie. How is Buddah doing? I imagine he wonders where his playmate went. Maybe they could get together once in awhile. Let us know how she's doing!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Ya know, Buddha is back to his normal lovey self actually. Every once in awhile he'll look for her, but he's acting the same way he was before we had her. We are keeping an eye on him, I got him a bully stick yesterday, which I broke in three pieces, so he's not carrying this huge, stinky thing around. He LOVES it of course! I'll keep everyone updated on Annie though, I'm sure Erica is getting sick of me text messaging and calling her to see how Annie is LOL I can't help it though, I want her to be happy.
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

It's been a little over a week since Annie has been with her family, and she's SO HAPPY! After seeing how she reacts w/ men and w/ leashes we have come to the conclusion that there's a good chance she was abused with a leash by a man. We noticed when Jake tried to walk her with a leash she cowered in fear, and then she bit at the fiance of the girl who got her when he tried to put her leash on her. SO, they've been taking things slow with her. They are making sure he feeds her and they are putting the leash on and off of her several times a day (specifically he is), and rewarding her for being good. She has a little pug friend that she plays with (the neighbors dog), and they play nice together. She hates being inside, same problem we'd had with her, but they are working with her on that too. Rewarding her with yummy treats when she comes inside. They are spoiling her with lots of love, attention, and toys. I can't tell you how happy I am that she's found an amazing home :)
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that Annie is doing well.
Thank you Elodie!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

[*]I'm glad to hear Annie is happy. It's great her new family is working with her on her fears!
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so glad Annie has found a home thanks to you, I hope no one blasted you, you saved a life, if they did it is their problem not yours

David
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Here's a little Annie update: Her new family had a new addition. Erica had a baby girl two weeks ago, and Annie just adores her apparently, and has taken over as guardian of little Briella. Erica said that she does really good around her and hasn't been jealous of her or anything YAY! She's such a good girl!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Congratulations to Erica and her husband, and Annie, too! I'm glad she's doing so well. :D
CoraP.Image
Jules Jusserand