Beautiful young red female needs a home - *ADOPTED!*

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

KoKogirl08
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Beautiful young red female needs a home

Post by KoKogirl08 »

Hi Violet, I'm so glad you joined!! \:D/

I heard your voice message late last night and it made my night! I'm SOOO excited that she let you pet her, it shouldn't be too long before she will jump up on your lap and nudge you with her nose to rub her belly and then plant the blue kisses on your face! :) Have fun getting to know your new furchild...she has a great playful personality.

Thank you for all the nice things you said. I knew from the moment I spoke with you that you were the right family for her. I know she will have a great life. Thank you again for eveyrthing!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Stephanie H (kokogirl08)
VioletD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VioletD »

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!
Has anyone ever seen a 6'4", 250 man turn to mush??? Well, it happened yesterday when Koko let my husband Vin pet her. He comes home each day talking to her like he did to the kids when they were little..."who's a good girl? Look at you!! How pretty are you??" And, my daughter Gina has been coming over after work every night bringing toys and love so Koko will bond with her. Well it worked..Koko let her pet her as well!!! You could see that every minute of the effort was worth it by the look on her face when it happened. My son, Michael, is here visiting with his dog Simba and it has been fun. She is close to letting Michael pet her...I am sure it will happen before he leaves on Sunday...actually she let him pet her while I was petting her. As for me, she jumps up on my chair and can't seem to get enough attention. And I'm happy to give it to her. Stephanie was right!!! She is a fantastically wonderful dog!!! Her only issues now are she won't use the outdoors for her toilet and she is terrible on a leash. We hope to be able to fix the potty issue this weekend. The leash will come in time. I think Koko knows she has found a forever home with us. She has so many people around her who love her and want to make and keep her safe. She just has to feel all that love. So when I think of all the things I am thankful for this year I have 2 new ones...Koko and Stephanie!! Thanks for letting me share.
VioletD
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

It's wonderful to hear about KoKo. I'm sure things will keep getting better day by day! The leash training and bathroom will also probably be worked out soon. It's great to hear from you...have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
KoKogirl08
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KoKogirl08 »

Happy Thanksgiving!

Violet I'm so happy to hear how good she is doing! I knew she would because she is a very sweet and all around great girl, and that's why I love her so much ;)
I wish I could have seen Vin's face when he got to pet her...I'm sure it was adorable! How was she with SImba? Did they play? She was very playful with Fritz & Buddy....she liked to play tug of war with the stuffed toys, and run with them in park and try to steal tennis balls away from them.
I'm very surprised that she is still having toilet issues in the house. Is it just #2 or both now? The leash issue, was a problem with me too, and I'm sorry I didn't help her with that much... I'm terrible at dog training, they don't ever listen to me!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, enjoy your family & KoKo!
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

Violet,thank you for all the happy updates on Koko :D
it just is heartwarming to know that she is loved soooo much.
Happy Thanksgiving to you,Koko and your family [:D]
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
VioletD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VioletD »

Hi All,
Just thought I would give a quick update on Koko. Every day she seems to feel a bit more comfortable. Although she still is pretty selective about who can pet her and when. But I know that is also a Chow trait so we just accept her for what she offers. She seems to have become attached to me and I can pet her pretty much wherever and whenever I want!! My son left yesterday and she still didn't let him pet her...she let him play with her, walk her, feed her treats, but pulled back whenever he made the petting move. She LOVED Simba, his black field spaniel. They had a great time playing...sometimes we made them take a break because it looked like they were getting tired and maybe getting a little too rough. We took her for a ride with us to bring Michael and Simba back home. She whined for about 15 minutes and then spent the rest of the time sleeping or looking out the window...it was about a 3 hour round-trip ride and I think she enjoyed it!!! Today we are hoping it will be Day 4 with no messes in the house!!! She did her business Friday and Saturday while on a leash!! HUGE step for her I think!!! She got lots of praise and pets...and pieces of Thanksgiving turkey!!!
Here are some things that Vin and I realized we had forgotten since Mocha, our black chow chow mix, passed away in March. We forgot there would be fur piles in every corner of the house, under every piece of furniture, and clinging to each item of our clothing. We didn't remember we would have to get up at least 15 minutes early for work each day to feed and walk the dog. It slipped our minds that we would have to come home from work and walk the dog and then play with her with her chosen toy of the day. We forgot we would have hot dog breath in our faces the second we opened our eyes and said just one word. And we had almost forgotten that all those things are soooooooooo WONDERFUL to have in our life!!! We are both so happy Koko is here to help us remember it all!!!
VioletD
KoKogirl08
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by KoKogirl08 »

Aww! Sounds like she had an amazing weekend....treats, turkey, lots of people giving her attention & love & Simba...what more could a girls ask for! :)

I know what you mean about the fur balls! With KoKo, 3 cats & Fritz (who is a shedding machine) I had a constant losing battle with them. I still have to vacuum twice a day and still find them all over the place!! At least KoKo isn't white, Fritz is almost all....I gave up on wearing black clothes!!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

We don't let the girls on the couch, except when Haley forces Lily to be a lap Chow. Also a visit on the bed by Lil to look out the window now and again. Really keeps the fur off the clothes. Also, once KoKo has a longer healthy diet, her sheds should become more seasonal. Sounds like typical Chow, congrats on the kismet!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Hearing about all the fun Koko had over the holidays made me a little teary-eyed. It is so nice to know how she is doing and all the progress she's making. I'm so happy she is getting more used to the leash and using the outdoors for bathroom time! This is great!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand