Looking for a new companion

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Looking for a new companion

Post by Laura »

I am the one who posted his petfinder ad here. It does say he is with Chow Rescue of Mo but I didn't call to verify or anything. I was just searching ads and came across him and thought DuallyPilot might be interested in him since he was in Mizzou. I'm sorry if I contributed to the confusion.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Laura wrote:I am the one who posted his petfinder ad here. It does say he is with Chow Rescue of Mo but I didn't call to verify or anything. I was just searching ads and came across him and thought DuallyPilot might be interested in him since he was in Mizzou. I'm sorry if I contributed to the confusion.
Don't worry about it, I doubled checked after it was posted he was in a rescue it said rescue. But Like katies mom said it dosn't always mean the Chow is actually in a rescue, I usally call to verify don't know why I didn't with this one. He was such a good looking Chow I didn't think he would be euthed especially by a rescue.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Laura wrote:I am the one who posted his petfinder ad here. It does say he is with Chow Rescue of Mo but I didn't call to verify or anything. I was just searching ads and came across him and thought DuallyPilot might be interested in him since he was in Mizzou. I'm sorry if I contributed to the confusion.
Don't worry about it, I doubled checked after it was posted he was in a rescue it said rescue. But Like katies mom said it doesn't always mean the Chow is actually in a rescue, I usually call to verify don't know why I didn't with this one. He was such a good looking Chow Shelter or Rescue I didn't think he would be euthed if a rescue was keeping tabs on him. Just goes to show, looks aren't everything.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
Katies Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Katies Mom »

Laura:

There was an earlier post re this chow by sweetpea on August 6 in Needs a Home section where Pooh Bear caught Jeff's eye. Nobody here on this board is at fault or to blame at all. You certainly did not create confusion, and in fact, thanks to your post duallypilot had an interest in Pooh Bear as well.
duallypilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by duallypilot »

Well thanks to everyone's help and support - Looks like Mia is going from "Florida Girl" to being a "Midwest Girl" here in a short while. I've talked with Jennifer and Continental and we've set operation "Air Chow" in motion. I'll keep everyone posted as we know details. My wife and I are going to give her a great loving home.
"Here I go down the road again.. turn the page"
Abbiegirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Abbiegirl »

I got cold chills...I am so very happy for Mia...I know Jennifer has been trying to find Mia a home and It sounds like she's going to a great one...Please keep us posted on Mia's adjustments and photos too.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

That is fantastic, Jerrald!!! If you need any advice or pointers when Mia gets to your home, just PM me. I've rescued two and have fostered a couple or so chows. Thank you and your wife for opening your hearts and home to Mia. Oh, and one note of advice for the road, please get her fixed. It will help. Girl chows are fiesty to begin with. Here's to a good transport!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I can't wait to hear more about Mia and how everything goes! This is so exciting! Can't wait to see pictures of her...I'll bet she's beautiful.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Well that is wonderful news. I am so happy for your family and for Mia. Please keep us updated!!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)