PLEASE HELP...*UPDATE-HOME FOUND!

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

MickChick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: PLEASE HELP...*UPDATE-HOME FOUND!

Post by MickChick »

It's so wonderful that she's gotten there safe and sound, and has a family that understands her! As you know and others have acknowledged, she'll take her time to come around, but she will come around in her own good time. I got Brandy 2/2/08, from a rescue, and she was friendly from the get go, but hasn't really started to bond with me until recently. For a while, I felt badly that I couldn't be the person she so obviously missed, and wondered if I was the right person for her, but I think we were meant to be together. Just took time for HER to come to that decision!

I remember when I rescued Mimosa, a Himalyan cat (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge some years ago) from a "breeder" - she was kept in a cage in an unheated, uncooled shed with a bunch of other "breed" cats (each in their own cage). She was 7 years old and had never been socialized - I let her out of the cage in the bathroom because it was a small area for her to get adjusted to where she could feel safe - took her days to come out of the bathoom, more days to come out of hiding from wherever she went when we weren't around, but she turned out to be an absolute sweetheart and I miss her to this day.

Cecelia
"To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun?" Katherine Graham
duallypilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: PLEASE HELP...*UPDATE-HOME FOUND!

Post by duallypilot »

Thanks again for everyone's support and advice. I'm going to move the Mia updates to the general forum so that another lost soul can be listed in this forum and find a forever home.
See everyone in the general discussion forum.
Jerrald
"Here I go down the road again.. turn the page"