Bruin in san francisco

Share your experiences of rescuing a Chow Chow from this site.

Moderator: chowadmin

Abbiegirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: 7 month in san francisco

Post by Abbiegirl »

wonderful news!!!! :D
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

that is great news and I hope to see some pictures of Bruin and his new sisters soon :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

This is very good news! I hope Bruin has a great life in his new home!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

:cry: It didn't work out and he is enroute back to Tiggy and Miss PB's humble aboad. :cry:
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope he will get the right home next time!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Such a pity! Bruin is such a sweet boy, I'm sure the heavens are saving a great match for him still.

Hugs,
Leonora & mum
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jacqui »

don't be sad.Bruin is lucky to have the best foster Mom and siblings.
I know he will find his forever home soon :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Ahhh man.....I missed the post about him being adopted so I was all excited when I saw his posting moved to this section. I am sorry it didn't work out for him. My daughter (the girl in the picture with Bruin) really got along well with him. He was her favorite chow at chowfest because he was so active and not a lazy couch potato like our chows. She keeps telling me we should trade him for our foster Fozzie the Grouch. Lou are you interested in a trade????? :P
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Bruin will be elated to be back with Tiggs & Ms. PB...he probably missed his bro'
I'm sure he'll find a forever home.
Hugs to all your Chowdren!
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Bruin thanks everyone! He's resting. My duo was on the deck when I let Bruin loose in the backyard and geez you would think the fellow was gone for ages! The kisses were crazy between the three! I was afraid Miss PB and Tiggy were going to fall off the deck. Needless to say they were all so happy to see one another.

I'm leaving this post in this section for the next two weeks. Bruin isn't really ready to leave my home yet. The first night he was at the new place, he scratched his eye and it scared his new parents. They took him to the ER right away, gave him some ointment and diagnosed him with mild entropian. Since the new parents were worried his eye shut from the rubbing (it happened to me too when he came to live with me, day two. I think it's his stress reaction. Some dogs pace, he scratches his eye.)... they decided to get entropian surgery done right then and there because they considered Bruin their forever chow son. He was too young and still growing so the rescue vet wanted to wait till he was a year old. But I guess with all the nervousness, the new parents gave the wrong birth year and his records indicated he was almost 2 years old. So the ER approved of the surgery.

Anyways, the couple who adopted Bruin for the weekend are wonderful people! I just wish it had worked out as his new home was a doggie's paradise! He was great with their chow girl, Cody, but had a moment with their 6 lb mystery mutt, Jenna. No one got hurt. However, nerves were shattered yesterday morning and it was the right decision for Bruin to come back to the house here. Maybe as days go by, they may change their mind.

Here's a picture of Bruin with the e-collar. Also is a picture of his best friend, Tiggy, also with an e-collar. Nothing is wrong with Tiggy, but since his best friend is wearing an e-collar, he wanted to wear one too!
ImageImage

Umm Linda, :-? I don't think we can trade because isn't Fozzie Frank's? :lol:
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Bruin will have the stars align, I am certain. I wish they had waited to do anything concerning his health, but better to be too diligent than not enough. Definitely, keep us apprised, and keep this here, me thinks you have some idea that the adopters may have clearer sense after a time.
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

Oh poor Bruin scratching his eye like that. He is so loveable I hope things work out in the future
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Bruin had his stitches removed yesterday and is just ever so handsome! His eye surgery healed well. He's ready to give it another go at a forever home now. He is a big boy with a big chow face and not even a year old is as tall as both Tiggy and Miss PB!

(L-R) Bruin, Tigger, Miss Pooh Bear
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

Yeah, Bruin - no e-collar now. A forever home will happen soon! Hugs to you, Ms PB, and Tiggs!
chownuzzle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chownuzzle »

Haven't been on in forever. I hope Bruin got adopted.
Cafe_Latte
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cafe_Latte »

Bruin has found himself a new family today.

Though this our first evening together, tonight Bruin has been playing with Chewie (whom we adopted back in Sept2008 from Texas), the two of them have been playing ball and chasing one another all over the yard.

More to come...
Stacy
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Oh, Stacy! Oh, Bruin! Such great news! I am sooo happy for all of you! Can't wait to hear more. \:D/ =D=
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

:D I saw your other post...So happy that Bruin has a new family! Congratulations! Can't wait to see some pictures :wink:
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Hey Stacy!

Ahh, the adventures you two will be going on, hopefully, in the next 14 years! When you have a chance, do post photos of Chewie and Bruin together. Also, please post a photo of Funny (Chow Fun). I would like Leo's mum to see how baby Leonora will look when she is 14. Aside from Leo having more freckles on her face, she and Funny have similiar features.

My duo miss their houseguest. But know you're going to be a fantastic dad to Bruin!

-Lou
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

Yay for Bruin! And yay for you for getting to have him! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

That is wonderful! So glad everything worked out with Chewie and Bruin, it sounds like the transition will be a good one. I did not see your other post, but will look, again congratulations. BTW, we like all Chow photos, past and present, so please do, show us your past lovlies, as well as the new guy and co.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Congratulations Stacy! I couldn't be any happier for you, Bruin, Chewie and Funny. I'm glad Chewie and Bruin are getting along so well. I'm sure Lou's Tiggy will miss his best friend and vice versa. Miss PB will miss Bruin too I'm sure, but she's just too much of a chow star to admit those kinds of things. Enjoy the fun Stacy. They are alot of work, but the rewards are the best!

Best wishes to everyone!
Nancy and Tai

SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SWANCIN »

Hi Stacy,

A big congratulations to you and your family for the addition of "Baby" Bruin. I had the pleasure to meet him awhile back (CF08 in SF) and he's a doll!! Yes, please do post pics and keep us updated.

Again, congratulations!!!

Lou, Tiggs and Miss PB, thank you for taking such good care of him. :inlove:
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
moohairs
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by moohairs »

Still available?
Cafe_Latte
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cafe_Latte »

Since Bruin is no longer 7 mo's old and has finally landed himself a new home & family,
We'd like to close this thread and creating a new posting. Stay tune...
Stacy