Must try brush for l/h chows!!!

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Stephanie Bear Oz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Must try brush for l/h chows!!!

Post by Stephanie Bear Oz »

Hi Ch-ums

I reluctantly paid $40 aud for this brush but it is something else. i am in australia and its summer here so my chows coat is sparse but her bum is thick with white fuzzy knots that wouldnt shift. the girl at the pet shop insisted its the best brush for her samoyed and said she would refund if i wasnt happy.

it is the purina brand total care grooming rake for medium to long coats. it says rotating teeth and rounded tips on the packet - please try it I cannot believe how great this is. i bought every kind of brush for her but this is it for getting tangles and dreadlocks out with no force or rough pulling involved.

good luck :)
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Must try brush for l/h chows!!!

Post by Rowlee »

Can you send a picture of it? I'd be interested in getting Wilbur one.

Sabina

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Thank you Elodie!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Miss Layla which one do you have? The link took me to a page with alot of brushes on it. I'm always looking for a good brush/rake. I'd also like to see Stephanies...gonna do a web search for it.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
sengeoz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sengeoz »

For Chows, you can try either the MatRaker or the Furminator. But ladies, PLEASE, be very very conservative in using anything with blades, particularly if you plan to show your chow. It's way to easy to get enthusiastic, but it takes a good 3-6 months for mistakes to grow out.

That being said, if you comb your Chow thoroughly out at least once a week, you shouldn't need to break up mats...
Judith-Ann
Sengé Chows, VIC (Australia)
kiwani
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kiwani »

Laura wrote:The link took me to a page with alot of brushes on it.
This thread has a photo-link of the one designed for long rough coats

http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php ... +pin+brush
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Laura wrote:Miss Layla which one do you have? The link took me to a page with alot of brushes on it. I'm always looking for a good brush/rake. I'd also like to see Stephanies...gonna do a web search for it.
So it does Laura, sorry! I have the 35mm OVAL BRUSH. It's great :D
Thank you Elodie!
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

$28.00! :shock: Heck for a couple more dollars I can pay someone to brush them. :P These chows are going to have to get jobs! :lol:
Seriously thanks...I have two different kinds of rakes and this other thing..forget what it is called (rectangle brush on a bent handle) but I just feel like I pull too much and that I am not getting all the way through Shugs massive amount of hair. Kinda like kids who just brush the top of their hair and underneath is all tangled. Pfffft when they start shedding I'm sending them off to the groomers. \:D/
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)