Pet Groom Pro

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Pet Groom Pro

Post by ngraham »

OK... just thought I'd let you guys know... I was dumb. LOL I don't know if any of you have seen the commercial on TV for it, but last weekend while at Wal-Mart, I bought a Pet Groom Pro. It's a pet brush that supposedly cleans and deodorizes the pet's coat with Ions while you brush the pet. Koda smells alot because when he and Sam play, Sam leaves doggie slobbers on Koda all the time. So I thought this might be a good answer to giving Koda a bath too often. NOTTTTT! LOL Don't waste the $10.00 guys. First the bristles on the brush are no where near what you need to brush a chow effectively. Second, I see/smell no difference in Koda the week I have been using it. Dumb me even uses our regular brush first to get all the loose fur, then I use the Pet Groom Pro. So on top of having something that really doesn't do much good on my chow, I spend double the time grooming every night. Now the grooming time with Koda is fun.... I get lots of kisses and hugs from my baby boy... but what a waste using this thing. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. LOL
Nancy and Tai

sixchows
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sixchows »

But wait there's more...order in the next 5 minutes and we'll..... :D :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist. I saw that on TV as well and like you at first thought Hmmm....I wonder if it would work? I did like the part where the bottom pops out to remove the accumulated fur from the brush. But like you have verified I thought the bristles may be too short. Although is hard to tell from the ad w/o actually seeing it.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

sixchows wrote:But wait there's more...order in the next 5 minutes and we'll..... :D :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist. I saw that on TV as well and like you at first thought Hmmm....I wonder if it would work? I did like the part where the bottom pops out to remove the accumulated fur from the brush. But like you have verified I thought the bristles may be too short. Although is hard to tell from the ad w/o actually seeing it.
ROFL SixChows. Too funny! There's no but wait... order in the next 5 minutes and we'll.... at Wal-Mart. Just hand over $9.97 plus tax and you get a brush that does absolutely nothing. And let me tell you about that bottom that pops off. LOL They are right, it does pop off WHILE you are trying to brush your pet. LOL It is hard as H**L to get that nice little plate to stay on the brush. THEN there is the little 9 volt battery that is NOT included, so you have to buy it. The bristles do great if you are just wanting to brush the top coat of a chow, but forget the undercoat... which is where I would assume most odors begin. The accumulated fur... well... there isn't much to accumulate, again because it doesn't get down to the undercoat. I guess it might be good for a short haired dog... but forget it for a chow. LOL
Nancy and Tai