Anyone vacuuming their Chows?

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Clockman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Anyone vacuuming their Chows?

Post by Clockman »

Just curious; I vacuum Emma with my little Mighty Mite vaccuum. Horsepeople do this quite often as it removes loose hair and dirt that gets trapped near the skin. Plus, it makes cleanup really easy.

Anyone else vacuum the dog? Emma's not afraid of noise, so I turn it into a game. I turn it on, give her the upholstery nozzle to nibble on and away we go! She doesn't mind it in the very least and I can do it for as long as I want. I finish up with a brush to even out the coat.

Am I lucky or what?! :D
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Butters thinks the vaccum is his sworn enemy so I have never tried it, but I did wonder if it worked!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
Huntersmom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Huntersmom »

Hunter has also declared war on the vaccumm, although I do wish that he could make peace... Be so happy that it is working for you!
Huntersmommie
Clockman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Clockman »

I think she actually loves it, but won't admit to it yet. That's ok; as long as she lets me do it, she can have the upholstery nozzle!

Now, if she'd sit still for the carpet shampoo machine, I could have those baths done in no time!! Hmmm..... :wink:
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Tess and Fiona don't want the vacuum coming that close, but I vacuum my collie all the time. The vacuum is her absolute favorite thing and thinks it's playing with her when I vacuum her. Fortunately, she hates being brushed so this helps me get some of the loose stuff off of her.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Lake78
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lake78 »

Jaxx loves getting the Miele vacuum brushed over his body. He was a little skiddish at first, but now he rolls over to let me do his belly.

BTW: The Miele does a great job of getting the pet hair up and it is very quiet.
Seth & Jaxx
puddinglove
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by puddinglove »

Pudding alternates between running away from the vacuum to barking and play bowing to it. It makes cleaning the floors very "interesting", and noisy at times. I don't think I would ever be able to get the vacuum close enough to her to find out...
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Milly and Mabel just totally ignore the vacuum cleaner. They won't move for me - if they are lying down when I want to vacuum the carpet - tough - I have to say "Excuse me girls!" several times before they get up and bumble off out of my way.
But as for vacuuming them - I don't know - I have not tried to and I don't know how they would take it.
Same with the lawn mower - Fred has to come in to get me to ask them to move because they just will not for him. :roll:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Holden doesn't like the vaccuum but he thinks that he is so cool when he can zip by it without it touching him :lol:
ImageImageImage
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Judy Fox wrote:Milly and Mabel just totally ignore the vacuum cleaner. They won't move for me - if they are lying down when I want to vacuum the carpet - tough - I have to say "Excuse me girls!" several times before they get up and bumble off out of my way.
But as for vacuuming them - I don't know - I have not tried to and I don't know how they would take it.
Same with the lawn mower - Fred has to come in to get me to ask them to move because they just will not for him. :roll:
Judy that is so funny :lol: Fred doesn't look real happy in that photo. Which M is laying next to him??

Rowlee used to loooove the vacuum cleaner. Whenever I started it it would come in and as I cleaned up mess, he would just make more :!:

I need a new vacuum cleaner I want one of those super-powered Dyson ones that's meant to be great for pet hair.

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

LEO doesn't mind the vacuum either. We do have to beg her to move out of the way sometimes. We have vacuumed her several times, not much comes out of her(maybe because I don't groom her enough?). She just lays there looking not too happy, but not totally unhappy to move.....:roll:

Rowlee, we use the Dyson Animal, but we use it w/ in the telescope position not upright. I bought the vacuum before we decided on which house to rent, and this has only got hardwood floors. The only rug we have sometimes get the upright treatment. If you have carpets, go for the upright, if not the canister type should be sufficient. But let me tell you, despite the weight and the long cords, I love my Dyson.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

That is Mabel by Fred and she is determined not to move - she always is!! :lol:
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)