Oh noes, they cut off Shumie's Fluff

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

bettybloop
Rank 0
Rank 0

Oh noes, they cut off Shumie's Fluff

Post by bettybloop »

So, I brought Shumie to the groomers for the first time. I didn't really know what to expect so the groomer told me she'd wash her up and trim the fur on the bottom of her paws and around her poopy area. i thought 'sounds great'.

so i pick shumie up and the lady ended up cutting a lot of the fur from her butt area and now her anus is so 'BAM look at me' and the fluffy that was on top of her head and behind her ears is gone as well :( she's still super cute but now less fluffy. the lady also chopped off some of the fur from shumie's tail :-x

i'm not angry since i wasn't specific with what i wanted. I just assumed she would only be doing the things that she told me she would do. i didn't know she was going to trim her head fur and tail.

so now i'm just wondering how long it takes for a puppy's fur to grow back. i want her to be back to her fluffy self.

also, when i first got shumie her paws were a lot fluffier than they are now. this isn't because of the groomer i don't think. i've noticed that shumie has been chewing on her paws a lot; i think she's chewing off a lot of the fluffiness around her paws. is there something i can do to make her stop chewing her paws? is there something wrong with her skin?
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

You just made me laugh out loud~~ :lol: :lol: Same thing happened to me the first time I brought my older girl Kearra to the groomers.....Hello heres my poop shoot :shock: :shock: Kearra's black so it was like HELLO for about 2 weeks or so :lol: :lol: No worries it grows back pretty quick......
Worse part was I just brought my puppy Kyra who is now 6mos old to the groomers last week...darned if I told them just bath and groom her and trim her toenails for me.....AND here we go again....instead of the here's my poop shoot they did a strange kinda buz cut around it and it sorta looks like a bulleye :lol: :lol: shorter hair around it tapering into the shoot :roll: :roll:
OH WELL.....great socialization for them to go to the groomers as puppies though.....so it is good to get them used to be handled by strangers as pups.
As far as her chewing her paws go ......probably goes back to what you are feeding her as they have alot of allergies.......to different things. Mostly wheat and corn products.....or could be a yeast or fungal infection on her feet....does she dip in the water bowl alot???

Thanks Sweetpea!
summer_rose03
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by summer_rose03 »

For the chewing problem--it could be allergies or just stress. Try "Bitter Yuck" or something of that sort. It is a safe spray you can get from PetSmart. It tastes bad and is supposed to discourage the licking. Everytime you catch her doing it again, spray her feet again. She should get the hint and stop doing it.
ImageImage
Thanks SweetPea!