Dryer...

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Dryer...

Post by j72 »

Hi there... I am wondering about products that other's use for grooming they're fuzzies. I am interested in getting an affordable pet dryer as well as a whitening and brightening shampoo and good conditioner...
What products do all of you use?
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Hey,

I use a hypoallergenic puppy shampoo that makes the fur dry quicker for Millie (link below) I just brush her out post bath & she dries in the sun in about an hour so no dryer here :oops: It makes her fur supersoft, very nice smelling & she sparkles in the light :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

http://thepuppyshop.com/tearless.html or http://thepuppyshop.com/oatmealshampoo.html

Hope that helps
Thank you Elodie!
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

You know what is awesome Layla? I was actually looking at Millie's fluffy little soft self and was SPECIFICALLY wondering about what you used on HER!!!! Isn't that FUNNY!?
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

Layla, you don't dry her at all? Does she mat during the drying process? I'm ordering that shampoo today so I can take it to the groomers on our next trip. Right now Sid smells like Lavenders.. LOL poor Sid Vicious.. :oops:
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

We've dried her once and she was fine, but to be honest it's so warm now I don't bother. I just bathe her in the early afternoon and she hangs out on the balcony in the sun to dry. With the dryer she was dry in about 10 mins! I just brush her very gently whilst she's damp & leave her too it. She gets no conditioner & no matts :D I'm sure that you can get the stuff I use other places, I'm just lazy & order it online :oops:
Thank you Elodie!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

j72 wrote:You know what is awesome Layla? I was actually looking at Millie's fluffy little soft self and was SPECIFICALLY wondering about what you used on HER!!!! Isn't that FUNNY!?
Your wish is my command j72 :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
Sojourner11
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sojourner11 »

I once had access to grooming facilities FOC for Marshall, the dryer used no heat and had a long swivel arm for pointing the stream directly on certain areas. The motor was super quiet so the noise didn't freak them out.
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I feel so ZEN with Millie!

That sounds so perfect Sojourner! I have seen a few with the "ionic" drying and all that fancy stuff that just blows without heat, which would be nice too...
i guess I'll go check out the big pet supply warehouses and see if they have anything...
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

Dosn't the reguler everyday hand held hair dyer work, thats all i've ever seen groomers use, i dry pekoe with one after a walk in the rain. They have a heat or no heat setting.
“...There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but one must take it because conscience tells one that it is right.” MLK

ImageImage
j72
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by j72 »

I might just need to get a stronger regular hair dryer... but they do have special ones that cut down on the time since Simon has a very low attention span and really doesn't want to sit there for an hour while I dry him.
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

The time that I bothered to dry millie off it was with a people hairdryer. It was an ionic one & no heat, but only a cheapo one from the drugstore!
Thank you Elodie!
Red Dragon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Red Dragon »

Metro has good dryer products, I use the Master Blaster, but they have less expensive ones. I use Cindra shampoos and conditioners. Bio Groom has good stuff too and it cost less.
Sam

Keeper of the furry things...Master of the kibble....Scooper of the poo!
cheriekynb
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: Nor Cal - LOL, or Wine Country as the natives call it.

Post by cheriekynb »

A hand held blow dryer would work if your Chow is not afraid of the noise.