Best vacuum

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

kevindd992002
Rank 1
Rank 1

Best vacuum

Post by kevindd992002 »

Do you have any idea what is the best vacuum for chow pet hair nowadays? My budget is $150 and below so I don't think an overrated Dyson is within my league. If you think $150 of a budget is pretty low please let me know. Thanks.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Best vacuum

Post by 612guy »

The best one I found and bought 2 are Hoover High Performance Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH72600. It has an adjustable setting for the beater bar and can turn it off for wood or tile floors. I did pay $169 so it's over your budget but very close. It's bagless and I would never get one with a bag again.

Brutus
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

After what seems like hundreds of vacuum cleaners over the years I bought a Shark Navigator Professional and I love it. It works on carpet, area rugs, and hardwoods. I bought it off of Amazon for around $160.00. The only complaint I have is that you have to clean the chow hair out of the brush periodically, more often during shedding season but I think that is the case with any vacuum. I love it and I have spent my entire adult life griping about worthless vacuum cleaners! :)
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
kevindd992002
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kevindd992002 »

Since I figured that I had to import these vacuums in my country, I couldn't go with the uprights as they're just too expensive to ship out. I was aiming for the Eureka Mighty Mite as I liked that it had a blower port but I hated that it is a bagged version. So I decided so just get a handheld one, the Black & Decker MAX FLEX 20V with Pet hair brush and stick vac. Here it is:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... gS9tc8V07A

I still sourced this out from the US (B&H specifically) but is more economical to ship. The only problem is, too save on cost, I had to use ocean freight which could take up to 2 months for it to arrive here!
perriejinnie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by perriejinnie »

I found these beautiful vacuum cleaners excellent for pets. But I don't know the company name. Can somebody tell me a little detail about it?
I love Chow Chow :P
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Last night my husband said, "The best vacuum is the one you actually USE" I think he was hinting that I have not vacuumed in a while.
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye