help! burr fur

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Pirate & Pandora
Rank 0
Rank 0

help! burr fur

Post by Pirate & Pandora »

I've started noticing after going outside with Pandora she has burrs all over in her fur. I brush her at least every other day but recently to deal with this I've started brushing her every day but it doesn't seem to get the burrs out if her coat. has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you deal with it?

The burrs don't come out with brushing and are knotted into her fur so I have to go through and pick them out one by one. There has to b a better way to do this maybe a special brush or something. Poor Pandora puts up with her grroming but HATES when I have to pull out the pokey balls from her fur. I don't think the burrs are hurting her but definetly make grooming an ordeal.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: help! burr fur

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I use a flea comb to get burrs and stuff out of their fur. The teeth in these combs are really close together and will be sure to get the burrs out.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: help! burr fur

Post by Constantina »

Use a sturdy steel comb and part her fur section by section to get the burrs close to the skin. It's a pain to do but their relief and comfort are so worth it.