Help the shedding is out of control!...

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

trry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help the shedding is out of control!...

Post by trry »

Hello,
It is me again and my chow is doing great but a new problem has came up. So its being getting warming here (New Jersey) and I believe he is shedding for his summer coat. So lately the hair is out of control! I would come to work with pet hair on top of my head.

I was thinking getting an air filter for my house since sweeping can only do so much. Also any other tips of controlling the shed will be wondering!..

I also use furminator but i don't like using it since it seems like its tearing the hair, do you use this?

I also use the regular deshedder that looks like many little pricks but is there something better?

Finally, how long does shedding last till its completed?

Thanks,
Terry
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Help the shedding is out of control!...

Post by Ursa's daddy »

You can get shampoo to use with the furminator, and it really does work. Now having pet hair on your head at work could be a problem is if is the wrong color, but if you are really young, you could say it is new fashion trend. You have to do LOTS of brushing to control the shedding, and just overlook the hair around the house. My wife clipped our two to control the hair, over my objections.
Jdcell100
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jdcell100 »

I got the furminater about a month ago worked great for me the furminater I believe is not and everyday tool to use on yr chow just when he is shedding bad use it one day filled up a bag or two of fur then use his everyday day rake his coat looks great
Lizabethnfluff
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lizabethnfluff »

The furminator is kind of a hit or miss. According to one of my friends who happened to be a groomer for a short period, it only works well on certain coats and..actually it's not the greatest of them out there. I'm using Laube and it seems okay.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

i posted a question on furminator on another topic. i didnt realize they make a full line of products. The brand name, and probably their biggest product is the deshedding tool, but they also make slicker brushes, combs, and rakes. A bit on the pricier side, but decent products.