Groomer

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

smj4740
Rank 0
Rank 0

Groomer

Post by smj4740 »

We took our Black Chow Chow to his normal Groomer. he Had a beautiful black coat and main and tail.. when we got him back he is shaved Bald. except his tail tip. im very up set.. they claim he was matted he was not to the point he needed shaved.. he was shedding alot and a bit itchy.. now he is more itchy than before he went.. He does not like the blow drier and his normal groomer was not around to keep him in check.. i think this was done on purpose.. We are good loyal customers I cannot beleave they did this to our dog..
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Groomer

Post by Tippsy'smom »

This is why I do all my grooming myself, I don't trust other people so do right by me or my dogs.

Sounds like he's itchy due to razor burn... Try aloe to sooth it.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
smj4740
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by smj4740 »

Tippsy'smom wrote:This is why I do all my grooming myself, I don't trust other people so do right by me or my dogs.

Thank you for the advice Tipsy..Do you think his coat will grow back to the way it was.. our work keeps us my wife and I very Busy.. From this point on We do our own grooming the Lady groomer has always done us right but she was not in the office and 2 guys was doing.. He does not like the blow drier they use he trys to bite at which they put a mussle on him.. If he was giving them that much trouble they should just called and told us to come and get him.. Damage is done but it wont happen again because they lost a customer yesterday..
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Honestly, I don't really know if his coat will grow back to what it was. Especially with razor burn. I know shaving them damages their coat anyways, but especially THAT short, he could possibly be patchy when it grows back.
Jess
smj4740
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by smj4740 »

Thank you
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

You're very welcome! I'm hoping for the best for you and your chow boy!
Jess
smj4740
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by smj4740 »

it hurt his pride a bit but this week he doing a little better.. and kind of back his normal self of being a pest to his older sister.. LOL who is mix chow and lets him know she is boss everyday..
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

:lol: I'm glad he's acting more like himself! :D The boys are always the "pests" huh? :lol: My purebred, Tippsy, is my oldest and my "middle child" Jasper is a chow/lab mix and he enjoys pestering Tippsy. :lol:
Jess
smj4740
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by smj4740 »

Tippsy'smom wrote::lol: I'm glad he's acting more like himself! :D The boys are always the "pests" huh? :lol: My purebred, Tippsy, is my oldest and my "middle child" Jasper is a chow/lab mix and he enjoys pestering Tippsy. :lol:

lOOKING AT THE pICTURES. YOUR TIPPSY LOOKS A BIT LIKE OUT GINGER BUT IS A CHOW MIX RED .. AND YOUR jASPER LOOKS LIKE OUR bULL.. gINGER IS 15 YRS OLD AND SHE GIVES BULL AN EAR FULL EVERYDAY..WHILE SHE DOING HER COMPLANING TO HIM HE RUNS UP TO HER LOOKS HER IN THE EYES THEN LEANS UP AND LICKS HER ON THE FORHEAD AND TAKES OFF... SHE DOES NOT LIKE THIS..
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

:laughloud: That's funny! Tippsy's 11 and not very vocal when she corrects Jasper who's 2... Or even when she corrects Dixie who's 7 months old and a German shepherd/Australian shepherd mix.:lol: She gets violent though... She'll fight with them and get to a point where she can duck under which ever one she's fighting with, grab their back leg on the opposite side from her and flip them and pin them to the ground. It was scary the first time I saw it, but I've learned that if I tell her to stop and back off she obeys. But the little pests still haven't learned, so... I figure she can show them who's boss every once in a while... :lol:
Jess
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Shaving him down was not a good idea, they aren't poodles! You're in Fl so it will be getting sunny there soon, watch him to make sure he doesn't get sunburned, that's one of the reasons the coats don't grow back right, sun burn. Use the aloa like Tippy's mom suggested, also it might be good to add a coat supplement to his food, I use solid gold's, you can get it from their website, a tablespoon a day will help support his skin and promote hair growth.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
jacks920
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jacks920 »

Tippsy'smom wrote:This is why I do all my grooming myself, I don't trust other people so do right by me or my dogs.

What kind of Shaver do you use? I agree with you and want to trim my Chow mix myself, but want to buy a good shaver. Thanks, JJ