Acting strange after being groomed

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Lou_2010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Acting strange after being groomed

Post by Lou_2010 »

Well took Jed to be groomed properly for the first time today and he's lookin lovely and so so much better only problem now is he's acting really strange and doesn't seem happy at all and doesn't want to know us!! The groomer has done a really good job and got all the dead fair out which has left him feeling thinner I'm thinking because so much dead fur has come out he feels a bit strange and that’s why he's acting strange???? Any suggestions??????????????????X :(
Zhuyos mom

Re: Acting strange after being groomed

Post by Zhuyos mom »

Do you know if the groomed sedated Jed prior to grooming. If so, he might be coming off the meds. Watch him closely and next time ask them not to sedate him. Or, he might just be tired from being handled and away from home.
Lou_2010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Acting strange after being groomed

Post by Lou_2010 »

Thanks for the reply, the groom didn't say he sedated him but I have a feeling they did as Jed has had sedations pills before when he had a op on his knee and his behaviour was the same, He's fine today thank god woke up this morning to lots of cuddles so def back to normal!! I didn't know groomers are aloud to sedate them?