Bathing Chows

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

belle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bathing Chows

Post by belle »

I was wondering how often is too often to give chows a bath, is once in 2 months okey for their coat and skin? yogi goes to Daycare a lot and comes home stinky and dirty, so I use wipes to clean him but after a while the wipes just doesn't do much at all.
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Bathing Chows

Post by valerierichard27 »

what do you mean Daycare ?? do they really have thoses LOL as for the bathing 3 times a year is fine. Unless they really need it.
belle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by belle »

oh yeah, we have lots of doggie daycare here in calgary. I use to bring Yogi 3 times a week mainly to socialize, now, I bring him once a week, because he enjoys it so much, and some days no one is home for a long period of time so I bring him there, he gets so excited once I stop the car and he realizes where we are. LOL, like a little kid. But the drawback is he comes home all slobbered up by the other dogs with some gooey unidentified stuff on him. :roll:
Baie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Baie »

im in florida and want to adopt a chow puppy or a beautiful ch
cicreogirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by cicreogirl »

Once every two months is probably too often unless you use a very gentle shampoo and are very careful to get ALL of the shampoo rinsed out of the coat... otherwise skin irritation may result as time progresses. In their natural habitat, they would not often get wet down to the skin because of the thick double coat.

Lora