need help=( ticks and fleas on dice..

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

dice
Rank 0
Rank 0

need help=( ticks and fleas on dice..

Post by dice »

HI guys!!!Dice and i are new here in this site..Just want to know which one would you recommend, Front Line, Advantix or Advocate?? The vet advises to use Front Line coz it's proven as he says but as i read some discussions re: flea and tick solution, Advantix is more preferred than the rest..or anyone may suggest a good solution for these pests??=(
Thanks much!!
ice&dice
kingalls

Re: need help=( ticks and fleas on dice..

Post by kingalls »

I use the Frontline Plus on my two...one time we took them out for a walk in the woods and they picked up many ticks. As soon as we got home I applied the Frontline Plus and most of the ticks seemed to be "jumping ship"...there were a couple that had already buried in but (gross) we pulled them out.
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
dice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dice »

thanks Chowling1964=)
i know the feeling kingalls,i've been pulling out those pests from Dice... :oops:
Everytime i'm at home he stays with me in my bedroom but if i'm at work, he stays in a crate outside the house...
That may have caused that prob :(
ice&dice
Lobis Cunami
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lobis Cunami »

I use Frontline Plus on my Chow Chows and it is working ! I use it all year long though and keep my dogs clean too, with regular bathing. My fur babies never had fleas or ticks on them and I want to keep it that way.
***** Lobis Cunami *****
dice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dice »

nice!!lobis is so adorable :D ...
i haven't figured out how to post pictures yet...next time i'd share Dice's photos with you guys :wink:
i already bought Front Line Plus (since i also can't get my hands on Advantix,it's not available here ) and i'm gonna use it with my baby chow later...just few more questions...
1. shall i apply it before or after i bathe Dice.. ?
2. and during bathing, can i still use a flea and tick soap?(we're using Four Paws)..
3. Can anyone recommend a good spray for our place..?(i wanna make sure i get rid of all of that pests :twisted: )

thanks thanks!!!
ice&dice
dice
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dice »

Frontline plus works!!! =D=
ice&dice
sesasharp
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sesasharp »

I do not know about ticks, since my tick experience was with an old Rottweiler and the vet just plucked them off, it was more effective than waiting I guess. When I was going to buy my Chow puppy I noticed he had fleas, so my vet bathed him with some anti-flea shampoo, which only made one of them run on the coat. My experience is to be very vigilant because normally they do not scram, they wait until the shampoo is off and head to another area. So I bought flea powder (I really recommend flea powder, but you have to be careful if your dog has delicate skin), that worked right away. My Chow is flea free, and the powder didn't irritate his skin or anything. The brand was Pro Pet.
)0( Blessings