My dog Smells Help

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

cj2880
Rank 0
Rank 0

My dog Smells Help

Post by cj2880 »

MIsfit is my chow she is 11 years old and is mostly and an outside dog as she doesnt seem to be happy in the house she sleeps in the house though during the day we have to pick her up and bring her in or she wont come in at all any way i have noticed that she smells terribly even if she is dry is this her age or because she is outside I have tried many different shampoos and I bursh her all the time she loves her bath and her brushing please help I am out of ideas I dont know how to make her smell better
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: My dog Smells Help

Post by chowhuskylass »

can be many causes of smell, have you changed diet recently as this can contribute or sometimes if you bath a dog that's kept primarily outside without drying the dog thoroughly this can cause bacteria to form in the warm damp skin and when that hits the air creates the smell, check her teeth just in case other than that it could just be age, I always advise if in doubt give your vet a phone call
cj2880
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: My dog Smells Help

Post by cj2880 »

I manage to get her to sit still long enough to blow dry her but maybe even though she feels dry she isnt completely her teeth are good I did take her to the vet he said that some dogs are just smellier than others I am taking her to the groomer on sunday so hopefully that will help thanks for the advice