Chow friendly groomer

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Mailie's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chow friendly groomer

Post by Mailie's Mom »

I was talking to an owner of a labradoodle the other day and asked her where she takes her dog to be groomed and she recommended a groomer in Palo Alto ( a little ways from me but thought I could get some back-to-school shopping in at Stanford Mall). I called the place and asked if they have experience with chows and they said the owner OWNS a chow! WHOO HOO! \:D/ =D= Needless to say, I made an appointment for Thursday this week for Mailie.
I know.........I promised her I would not let anybody else groom her after the last one shaved the inside of her back legs but I can't have Louie groomed this week. I groomed him last Saturday afternoon and then that evening he had a horrible bloody nose. Scared the you know what out of me! Anyway the vet said he thought it was from the blow dryer drying his nose out. This dog is like one of my non-fur kids. My kids have allergies and Kayla gets nose bleeds all the time but I have never seen a dog have one.
I will let you know how it goes and post the address, phone number etc..
Mailie ...............................................................................................................................Louie
Thanks sweetpea!
Mailie's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow friendly groomer

Post by Mailie's Mom »

Here is a picture of Mailie after being groomed yesterday. I really liked the young man who groomed her (his name is Craig). He actually got the stink out of her chin and neck area. She was starting to smell like mildew. Yuck!
The name of the place is Classic Pet Grooming in Palo Alto

Mailie ...............................................................................................................................Louie
Thanks sweetpea!
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Mailie is beautiful, all groomed and smelling nice, but Coco is not sure about those red bows: are you sure they're in the chow manual :wink: ??
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Mailie's Mom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Mailie's Mom »

No worries Coco.........I took these pictures then immediately took the bows out! :D
Thanks sweetpea!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Maillie looks great, soo shiny and pretty. Sounds like you've found your groomer. \:D/
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.