Is It Time???

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Is It Time???

Post by vicster605 »

Anyone else shedding like crazy or is it just Kearra & Kyra??? Isn't it early to start blowin' their coats??? The fur is flyin' down here for some reason

Thanks Sweetpea!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Is It Time???

Post by Sirchow »

I just groomed Bramble in the garden and came in to get a bag to clear up the fur tumbleweed and the wind got up. Hehe now there are Bramble tumbleweeds over the whole neighbourhood. But funiest of all was that my next door neighbour is very house proud and she had left her conservatory door open - I can see her vacuuming as I type. :lol: :lol: :lol: I found the best way to get the fur out is just to stand above her and rub my fingers up the way through her fur. Finger combs, so to speak. It is pouring out...at last.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Girl Butters started in June this year. It is the only year he started this early. I am so sick of hair and can't see straight. He has got to stop soon, I keep thinking. I can walk through the house and come out with hair all over me without touching him.
SweetPea Rocks!!
Garry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Garry »

missie is shedding like mad at the moment, ive got a undercoat brush and that removed a lot of the loose fur. its a good job she loves being brushed as i seem to be doing it every two minutes. :o
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I go to work every morning with furballs stuck all over me. Its in my cereal in the morning and my last cup of tea at night. How long does this go on for? :roll:
Garry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Garry »

hopefully not too long, haha. missie looks so much better when shes brushed and not got lots of loose fur all over her
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Well, I guess its time then :lol: Just seems early this yr. and usually the Northerners are talkin' about it a good 3 weeks before us aren't they Tammy??? Wonder what makes them start their shed and why its early this yr???? Can't imagine what its like with Butters because he has a hell of a summer coat. Poor Kyra keeps a huge maine and looses so much of her fur in the back she looks goofy all summer until she gets her winter coat then her back end and front end looks a bit more proportionate :lol: :lol:
Too funny sirchow your neighbor is gonna love you :lol: :lol:
I love their winter coats but darn I hate gettin' there :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
threedogjeep
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by threedogjeep »

man oh man is it shed-city here in PA!!! handfulls and handfulls!
Twelve Paws UP!!
Sharon Rose
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Nikki is half the gal she use to be.. :oops:
I have to go away and I can only imagine what she'll look like and my house when I get back.. since Iam the only one who vaccums and grooms.. humm maybe I can shame someone into brushing and vaccuming?(Ryan? Susan?)
willowchow
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by willowchow »

There were so many tufts of fur and fur balls all over that I finally had to send her for a professional groom. It was just too much for my tub!! Happy coat blowing to our chowy friends!!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Poor Kyra keeps a huge maine and looses so much of her fur in the back she looks goofy all summer until she gets her winter coat then her back end and front end looks a bit more proportionate

Glad to hear my two in one chow is not the only one. Fluff butt has become scrawny butt. Roll on Winter - and I never thought I would hear myself say that!!
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Yeesh, Vicster...you scared me. I read the title "Is it time"...and I thought the worst. Whew.

Just a little shedding...thank goodness.

Ah yes, the "fur is flying" here too. In large tumble weeds. LOL!
Mia
Mika&Suki
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mika&Suki »

Same in my house!! Both of my girls are shedding like crazy, and the house is covered in furry tumbleweeds! I keep grooming them and getting as much out as possible with a rake, but it just keeps coming! The funny thing is, they're still just as fat and furry as they were before they started shedding!!! Where does it all come from???? :shock: :shock:

Nicki
Mika & Suki owned by Nicki
Thank you Siriol x
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I have brushed a whole chow out of Bramble and still it keeps coming. :lol: I see signs of a new coat appearing which I am grateful for as I thought I might have a permantently bald chow. :shock: