One Chow, Two Chow.....

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

One Chow, Two Chow.....

Post by vicster605 »

Black Chow, Blue Chow :lol: Yes, thats right, grooming day at my house. My GOAL for the day in that order.....Black Chow Blue Chow. I got all my grooming tools in order towels, shampoo, conditioner, dryer, brushes. Kearra & Ky were outside playin' so I called them to come inside.
Hi Everybody....Kearra here :D
Mom called us and we were playin'....I started to go and see what was for breakfast when I stopped and said WAIT A MINUTE THAT WOMAN is up to something!!! So my sister Ky is a goober and she ran inside BUT NOT ME!!! I stopped half way to the door......there was something in her tone I COULD TELL she was up to SOMETHING???? I stopped and gave her the look :shock: You know the one??? :shock: Then a couple of hrs later Ky came back outside and surrrrr enough she had that SMELL....I ran up and gave her a good sniffin' :laughloud: She didn't get ME \:D/ SO I gave it a couple of hrs thinkin' she would LEAVE ME ALONE but I was hungry so I went inside and THAT WOMAN PICKED ME UP :twisted: Can you believe it???? She just picked me up and brought me in the bathroom and WET ME AGAIN!!! I HATE WHEN SHE DOES THAT!!! She scrubbed me and dryed me and wouldn't let me out!!!! I TRYED but she wouldn't let me out until I smelled like Ky!!! When she let me go I went back outside and stayed there for a long time to let her know that I HATE WHEN SHE DOES THAT!!!
I have to admit though I sure did feel better and me & Ky ran and did zoomies and then when we came back inside we still did more zoomies around the house, we love zoomin' around the dining room table. We was soooooo tired when we finished me & Ky took a long nap.
Have to admit though......I love to see my Mom covered in fur :lol: :lol: She was soaked, covered in fur, and the bathroom looked like we blew up in there :laughloud: Thats what she gets for WETTING ME :laughloud:
When you aren't able to brush during the BIG SHED, you have to bath & groom to get all that loose fur out.....so you can brush again. I don't recommend it :lol: :lol: I am STILL trying to clean the fur out of the WHITE bathroom :roll:
The one thing I learned from this grooming session is dry fur cleans up easier that WET fur.......once you wet a rag and wipe.......you remove the one hair you are trying to remove and leave another 4-5 hairs in its place LOL
Again this yr........WHAT WAS I THINKING???? A black & Blue Chow with a WHITE BATHROOM and WHITE TILE FLOORS????? Was I out of my mind??? #-o

Thanks Sweetpea!
chris

Re: One Chow, Two Chow.....

Post by chris »

vicster605 wrote:Was I out of my mind??? #-o
Yep! :D
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Hey Vicki, would you mind coming to my house to bathe my pack...Erin is one dirty, matted girl. I promise to do all the clean-up afterwards!!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Phyllis, I would love to help with poor lil' Erin but after that you would have to pay me LOL after the first Chow it turns into some serious WORK. Kinda like doin' a good work out itin' it??? :lol: :lol: I'm mostly wet from sweatin', my hair all stuck to my head and fur everywhere else....someone could blackmail me if they got a pic of me on groomin' day :oops:
LOL I left the bathroom to clean this morning cuz I was WORN OUT and my grandson Cameron stayed over last night.....this morning he came in my room holdin' his butt telling me "Grammy I have to go to the bathroom and there is hair ALL OVER the toliet seat" He looked very confused as to WHY that would be there :lol: :lol: I told him he would have to go to another bathroom then Guess he didn't think of that!!! When I went in there it looked like one of those fuzzy seat warmers :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sweetpea!
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Hey K&K!
Coco here!
It looks like we had the same Sunday afternoon :roll: !
I had to take a bath too, I wanted to escape, but I ended up covered in shampoo like you two. They said this time I had too much duck poo in my fur... How could you have *too much* of it? I just don't get it.... :mrgreen:
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

This is why we go to the do it yourself dogwash. :wink: You get to leave the mess. There would be no way I could get all the fur out of my drain at home plus I would be cramped in our bathroom. Their tubs are elevated so my back doesn't hurt too. It is well worth the $10.00 per dog.