PediPaws

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Auddymay

PediPaws

Post by Auddymay »

On sale, about the cost of 3 nail clippings. So far, Pip has had it used on her. She dislikes it, and I need a nylon to hold the hair back. I cannot envision Lily letting me use it in any positive way, no matter how slowly I introduce it. We will have to make a de-sensitizing video, it is too funny.
chris

Re: PediPaws

Post by chris »

PediPaws.... is that that sander thingy for the nails?
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Yeah. Lily would only get so close to it when on, but she really wanted the treat. I kept inching it just out of reach, and she stretches as far as she can. Moving her paws cxloser is not happening. So there she is, all stretched out drooling, eyeing the pedipaws, and touching her tongue to the treat...lmao...and Haley and I snickering at her.
Chingshouse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chingshouse »

I will be returnng mine....the dogs HATE it!!
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

I got a great response with it. Millie would pitch an utter FIT with the clippers but after lots of desensitization I can do her on my own. Big improvement for 2 people holding her down & her screaming :shock:
Thank you Elodie!
leisa75
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by leisa75 »

I have one i LOVE IT !!! LITTLE TIP I TURN THE BLOW DRYER ON THAT I DRY MY DOGS WITH AND THEN TURN ON THE PEDIPAWS AND TRIM THERE NAILS THEY HARDLY NOTICE !!
thanks sweetpea
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I will try the diversion. If nothing else, I should be able to use it for Pip. Maybe at the end of a brushing session with Lily is when I should try with Lily. She is already resigned to my will by then...sorta...lol.
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

Soooo, Mika's usually ok with getting her nails done so, I tried a PediPaws grinder/sander...she was not having it. Tried distractions of blow dryer etc, still having no part of it. I abandoned the automatic grinder for a try at a human-style mani/pedicure routine... who knew...SHE LOVES IT, I think its a combination of the end result (same reason she likes to be brushed out) and the lack of vibration/noise caused by the powered files. I know its silly and she does tolerate the nail clippers but to get them the shortest possible I indulge her - ok, I indulge myself. My husband laughs at us about alot of stuff but this one is the funniest, me and Mika hoved off on the couch filing her nails with a filing board... Good quality time anyway we can get it. LOL.
Karla and Mika
ImageImage