Fleas

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

zues62
Rank 1
Rank 1

Fleas

Post by zues62 »

There has been much controversy with the question "Chows have special hair and they do not get fleas". Is this a true statement. Please provide information .
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Fleas

Post by Laura »

Yes Chows can and do get fleas.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

NOPE thats NOT TRUE.....wish it were though :roll: Fleas LOVE chows too. We have had fits with them down South even with both on Advantix

Thanks Sweetpea!
zues62
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by zues62 »

ADVANTIX OR FRONTLINE PLUS? WHICH IS THE BEST FLEA PREVENTATIVE. WHAT IS THE BEST SPRAY TO USE IN THE HOUSE ON THE CARPETS? :(
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

I use Advantix on Kearra & Kyra because it repels Mosquito's too since they are our State Bird down here :roll: I use a spray I get from the feed store that they recommended for inside called Enforcer Flea Spray for carpets & furniture......have never seen a flea inside at all but use it just in case. I know alot of members use Front Line Plus so I'm sure they pretty much work well....I just need the Mosquito protection too.

Thanks Sweetpea!
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

So Frontline doesn't help against mosquitos? I guess I should rethink which I buy in a few days for McKenzie. The vet applied Frontline to her on the 9th so I was going to stick with that but we're in Florida and have a man made lake behind our house so mosquitos are a nightmare. Thanks for the info, I'll go research it now!