Excellent Human Shampoo for Chows !!!!!

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Stephanie Bear Oz
Rank 0
Rank 0

Excellent Human Shampoo for Chows !!!!!

Post by Stephanie Bear Oz »

Hi

I just wanted to post this as I have had a hard time finding an suitable and safe shampoo for my Stephanie (black F chow). My mum put me on to this lovely human shampoo made by a company called Kosmea. This is in Australia so don't know if it is available in the US or other heavily populated chow countries but I am sure there is an alternative brand in any event.

The shampoo and conditioner is made of rose hip oil and has no soap. I used it myself and thought I would try it on Steph and the results are unbeleivable! She came up super shiny but not stripped of the natural glossiness or body and it actually helped moisturise her skin which she is forever ripping and scratching at. The results are continuing now it is about 5 weeks since I used it. The best part is that it has cut her funky odour down by a good 50% Her itching is way down and makes grooming so easy. She had dreadlocks in some parts and they separated really easily with the rose hip. Even getting muddy and dusty out in the paddock with my horses, the crud doesn't stick to her like it did previously. I cant recommend rose hip shampoo products for use on chows highly enough. The stuff I used was expensive but well worth it (AUD $25.00 per bottle). It also worked well to cut the stink down on my male black lab and cured the dandruff from around his tail/ lower back.

Give it a try it is a chow chow miracle.

Cheers

Robyn and Stephanie
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Excellent Human Shampoo for Chows !!!!!

Post by CoraP. »

I'll see if I can find it. Sounds really great!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Niyah's owner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Niyah's owner »

I googled the name of the shampoo it was not available on their site, but I did find a herbal site http://www.herbalremedies.com/rosehips.htm that has just the rose hip oil. It says you can add it to any shampoo or moisterizer. I wonder if it will work the same.

I may try it.

Thanks
Niyah's Owner
Niyah's Owner
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I have some oatmeal shampoo and conditioner that I just got from Drs. Foster and Smith. If I don't like that, I'll try this shampoo.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand