shampoo question..

Topics, guidelines and tips for coat and skin care and grooming Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

peidaan11
Rank 0
Rank 0

shampoo question..

Post by peidaan11 »

hello. so my dog is starting to smell. it's probably b/c i don't wipe his feet and i let him walk in the grass. he's getting grimy.

so my question is. how necessary is it to use flea and tick shampoo when he already has the advantage drop on him? should i wash him twice, once with flea and tick and then a second coat of regular dog shampoo?

i found good reviews on cloud star buddy wash and would like to us it on him since i want him to be extra cute and fluffy with nice fur. thanks for the help chowrents
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: shampoo question..

Post by Laura »

Personally I would not use flea and tick shampoo when he is already on preventative. Just use a good shampoo. If you scroll through this forum I'm sure you will find lots of suggestions on particular brands.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Unless you are currently experiencing a flea/tick problem then I would just find a good shampoo and not do the fea/tick on a regular basis. If you are using a flea/tick treatement then I wouldn't worry.

I have used the Buddy wash spray leave in conditioner and it smelled very nice. Lavendar I think.
SweetPea Rocks!!
mikkabear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mikkabear »

Buddywash is great! We used that for years on Mikka and never had a problem. FYI whole foods sells it if you can't find it at your local petmarket.
Natasha
and
Cue