update on george

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowdad
Rank 0
Rank 0

update on george

Post by chowdad »

Hello again,
We took George back to the vet for his 10th check-up in 6 months. He is doing great as far as we can tell, but the vet is worried about his loss of weight. He is 50.5 lbs. His pre-sick weight was 60. He turned 10 years old last week. I want everyone here to know that the encouragement given to me here has made all the difference in sticking with George through his long illness. He has now been on just dog food for a couple of months. He get a combo of Nutro High protein, and hill's canned A/D food. Every time I give him a vitamin I think of Kiwani, and with every glob of aloe and probiotic capsule I thank Juniper. All of you Chow lovers are as unique and wonderful a breed as the canine objects of your affection.
Love,
John
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

That's great. I was wondering how your boy was getting along. Thanks for the update :)
Thank you Elodie!
Salandra
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Salandra »

Chowdad I'm glad to hear George is doing so well! He's a lucky boy to have you for a daddy. :D
Keep us posted on his progress
~ Sally
Juniper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Juniper »

John: I'm so happy that George is improving. In your hands, with your tender loving care, George can do nothing else but improve. I'm glad you've hung in there for George and I'm sure George is happy that you did too. Thanks so much for the update. :D
Jennifer & Sheena
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am glad he is improving, any idea on what is causing the weight loss?

Dogdad