Bear won't get up

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Post by Guest »

I agree, just because you do not have a chow with you in person, does not mean you have not lived with a chow most of your life. Once you love a chow, you will never be able to get over that love. I have a strong feeling that you will get another one when you are grown. But until then, stay and help teach people about what your Bear has taught you, let Bear live on through education to others. I have had many dogs pass and I believe that they are here for reasons. I believe you have probably learned alot about chows and about the love one can give you, I think you need to share that with others. I have always worked with chows and have always been a chow lover(hence the name! lol) but Chi-Ching is the first purebred chow I have ever owned and although I have researched this breed for many many years, I can never research someones first hand experience. I am learning new things every day about Chingy and about chows in general. Please stick around and see if you can help me and any other first time chow owners.......
Also, I wanted to say that do not look upon Bears passing as a sad thing, he may not be with you in person but he is with you in spirit. If you go into the post "Simbas mom" I posted a poem that means so very much to me whenever one of my animals passes away. I believe that Bear will watch over you always and he would be awfully darn proud of you to see you someday get another chow I bet. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do. Rest in Peace Bear!
SWANCIN
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: It's Great How You All Cared

Post by SWANCIN »

MybabyBear wrote:It's great how you all cared about Bear, me, my family, and Homer, especially Bear and me.
Bear passed away in his sleep last night, after I went to bed. My last words were,"Bear, I love you so much. I'll see you in the morning. Never forget, I love you." I just wish I could've been there with him as he went to the Happy Hunting Ground. :cry:
WorkinChowz, I forgive you. I just kind of spazed out. I'm sorry.
As for everyone else, I thank you all. I'm not sure how much longer I will have this account, seeing as I now have a Chow in spirit, and that there will be no more Chows.
I've got to go now......Stephanie and Homer (and my sisters)
Dear Stephanie,
I had not written before when you posted about Bear and your concerns for his health, but I must know tell you how very sorry I am to hear he has gone to the Great Hunting Grounds. Please believe that he is free, young and free of all earthly and physical pains now.
You are in my prayers.
Take good care. You are a good young lady/person/human.
Cindy & Kodi

I Wanna Go Chase Something!!!!!
Compliments of SWEETPEA - Banner Artiste Extraordinaire

Dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=36558
Debbie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Bear

Post by Debbie »

Stephanie, I am so sorry for your loss and wanted to say that Bear was a very lucky Chow to have you. The words you said to him were so beautiful that he must have been glowing in your love. Remember all the wonderful times you have had growing up with Bear and if you can, write about him to us or in a journal that you can look at when you are sad and missing Bear. I have been writing one on my Bear who passed away 2 years ago and sometimes it is just one or two words or sentences like "Bear used to notice when I was wearing something new because he sniffed and sniffed it; sometimes my husband never noticed but I could count on Bear to notice." or "bear's favorite place to lick were our knees!". If you can buy yourself a pretty journal and write about your great Bear and even paste some photos in and keep it forever! - it will help you to keep Bear's memory alive forever and for you to remember how important you were in his life.
Cry when you need to and if you can write to us.

God Bless Debbie and Bones
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

Stephanie

I am so sorry for you loss but know that Bear is now happy, tumor free, running around chasing bunnies and doing all the things he loved to do.

Chewie and I will sing a song for Bear and for you tonight.

You will be in my thoughts.

Big Hugs

Mandy & Chewie