My chowchow got fever for a long time, what can I do

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

alexshi
Rank 0
Rank 0

My chowchow got fever for a long time, what can I do

Post by alexshi »

Please help my baby, only 3-month-old. He got a fever and it became pneumonia one month ago. 2 weeks ago, chowchow got healed but he is still having high fever. The doctor told me he had done everything. What can I do?
arnis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by arnis »

Sorry to hear this. I am not a vet so i cant offer medical help. But i will say a prayer for both of you....
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Have you thought about going to another vet? Or a vet school? The big universities with vet programs are like teaching hospitals for humans.

Good luck with your chowling.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
loverman
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by loverman »

Ok, the fever is due to an infection; it may or may not still be in the lungs, the infection in the lungs may have seeded an infection elsewhere via bloodstream. A WBC (white blood cell) count for infection fighting cells might help to confirm this. Blood cultures might reveal the organism in question. The really important thing here is that the vet should have guided you to a referral center and for most places that would be the nearest veterinary school. This a should not be a difficult problem to solve in a university setting. Where do you live?