allergies

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow315
Rank 0
Rank 0

allergies

Post by chow315 »

hi i am desperate i rescued 2 chows about 6 months ago . they had the mange and no fur in spots on their back and tail.they are mother and son dogs 7 amd 10.i worked with them got them all better now 3 months later it has come back. the ver says it is allergies. i have used trifexis nexguard simparacia prescriptions from the vet.benadryl omega 3 fatty acids medicated baths with little to no improvement.i have a limited income
jlc009
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: allergies

Post by jlc009 »

Has the vet said it is specifically flea allergies? That is the most common kind of allergies in dogs, followed by environmental allergies to things like grass and pollen. https://thedailypup.com/my-dog-is-itchy ... allergies/ It does sound like fleas, and the best way to prevent re-infestation is to keep them on a flea preventative treatment and make sure you wash all the bedding regularly.
sherlayla
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: allergies

Post by sherlayla »

You said that you got limited income, maybe you can try coconut oil. You can try by applying on the dog. I've read many facts on the internet that coconut oil good for dog skin (allergies). But I think maybe consult or ask the vet first. This is just an alternative treatment.