Shots

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Shots

Post by Maxwell »

how much are shots?

Post by Guest »

Vet costs can vary quite a bit! Also, what kind of shots? If you have a tight budget, some of the pet shops and animal rescue organizations offer some of the shots for a reasonable price. I don't think they can do rabies shots.
As with any vet, you will need to pay for the office visit - so you need to factor that in on top of the shots.
You should contact the vets in your area and inquire about the total costs - office visit & shots required for the age, etc.

Karen
Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

thanks

Post by Guest »

If you are in the States, you can go to Petsmart or Petco. They do "Shot clinics" which are cheaper. The trade-off is that you have to keep your own records - no vet to remind you that your chowling is due for another dose - but they are MUCH cheaper.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Anonymous wrote:If you are in the States, you can go to Petsmart or Petco. They do "Shot clinics" which are cheaper. The trade-off is that you have to keep your own records - no vet to remind you that your chowling is due for another dose - but they are MUCH cheaper.
Me again. (The airhead strikes again.) :oops:
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Maxwell
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Maxwell »

yeah i went to petsmart. thats probably where i will end up going

Post by Guest »

You can find out from your vet which shots you must get (ie: rabies, distemper) and shots you should get, depending on the situation (lyme - if you live in an area; bordatella if you need to board or show your chowling).