Not eat and is throwing up

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Oso&jasmine
Rank 0
Rank 0

Not eat and is throwing up

Post by Oso&jasmine »

I've Just moved again and this time my dog Oso has not been eating and is throwing up and not gaining weight like he did before when we moved at first he just didn't eat but after a week he was back to normal and I Just move to my new house so at first I thought it was just going to be the same as before but this time he's throwing up and has lost some weight and I don't know what do do to help him nor cheer him up because he's been sad and not walking around and just sleeping in the same spot all day.
Brisco
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Not eat and is throwing up

Post by Brisco »

If it were me, I'd take him to the Vet to have him checked just to be sure there is nothing medically wrong. I've had Chows that have gone 4 days without eating when upset with a move or a big change in circumstance but it would be a shame if it is medical and it didn't get fixed in time. The throwing up bit is what would be the deciding factor for me. If he isn't eating then why would he throw up???

Matt
No matter where you go, there you are.
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Not eat and is throwing up

Post by chunkymonkeys »

Please take Oso to the vet as soon as you can. A chow not eating? Plus vomiting? One of my chows would chew twigs while he was outside, and developed a blockage from the wood. Not that that's what happened to Oso, but Chows love to eat. BTW, they're so smart that after that incident, he never gnawed on twigs again. Good luck.