reddy

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

CHOW31578
Rank 0
Rank 0

reddy

Post by CHOW31578 »

hi reddy is my 15 yr old chow mix.he is the love of my life. sadly this thursday we will have to put him down.i have put it off as long as i could. [ bty i am the user chow315]had to register with hubby info.]we have had him about 4 yrs he has been sick mainly with ears almost the entitre time we had him.we could live with that. but a few months ago he started falling. we have done everything in our power to help him. he has continued to get worse. now we have to carry him or slide him on a rug. we cry becvause of his pain. he is the sweetest most gentle animal i have ever known. please pray for us as this is extremely hard
CHOW31578
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: reddy

Post by CHOW31578 »

reddy is gone we took him about 4 pm. thru lots of rears we let him go. we could no longer stand his constant crying in pain.it hurts for us but i know we loved him well and he is free of the pain.we held and loved him and he gave us a last kiss. its hard to know how God got so much love in 1 dog. he is very much missed
CHOW31578
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CHOW31578 »

i am very disappointed that not 1 person would reply to my having to put my Reddy down. i come here for support. i am hurting very much.this little fellow was my best friend
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

I have not been on the forum for a while and just saw your post. I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. The painful decision to set them free from their pain and suffering is not easy to make. Sending you a HUGE HUG!

This past August I had to make that decision and my heart is still broken... again, I am truly sorry for the loss of your wonderful Reddy.
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
rmb
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rmb »

I am so sorry for your loss. I usually visit the general forum and had not been to the health section for some time. I too had to put down an old chow mix (in Jan of 13) who I'd adopted when he was a pup. We had 15 very good years. Even though we had another younger chow mix girl in the family, Buddy's passing left a huge void. Two weeks later I brought home a 13 month old rescue chow (Buddy2) to focus on. He has greatly lifted my spirits.
We must take comfort from the fact that we gave them good lives, they were well loved.
There is always another dog out there who needs you and will love you as well as you love them. They don't replace what you lost but they do help you heal from your loss.