Uneven fur growth

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Arsenmilosev
Rank 0
Rank 0

Uneven fur growth

Post by Arsenmilosev »

Hello everyone,
I'm new on this forum, only discovered it today. And I'm happy to find a community of exclusive chow fanciers:)

Now to get back to the reason why I opened this topic.
I have my chow Teddy Theodore for a year and a half. Unfortunately he had a skin problem in June/July this year and the vet said he had to get a full hair cut in order to treat the eczema. And talk about bad moment, he had just gotten full big fur coat and a lion mane :( So, after the hair cut I bathed him for about month every 3-4 days with some special shampoo and the eczema has passed. But now I have two problems, about a week ago I noticed that the eczema is back again, his fur is falling out on his legs and he has crusts on all four legs. Shure I will take him to other vet, but what could be the reason for that ?
My, or our other problem is that after that hair cut he never grew his mane, so now he has fur on 3/4 of his body :D
Is that normal, what can I do to help him ? Also I am scared because the winter is coming and he has almost *Censored Word* neck and chest :/
Before the first occurrence I was feeding him with dog food that was based on chicken, later I went to ProPlan Sensitive and lately I move the diet to more natural diet. Cooked meat, bones, rice, fish, eggs, cheese....