allergy test reults

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

bonnieb
Rank 0
Rank 0

allergy test reults

Post by bonnieb »

My chow is a little over 2 years old - about 4 months ago she started having very bad hot spots and we have taken her to two different vets and finally had to have her tested for allergies
At this point she has been on Cephalexin for 3 weeks. Today they called with the results of her test and they are as follows. 4 types of grass, 5 kinds of trees, penacillian, 3 types of weeds and beef, pork, brewers yeast and fish mix, This is truely hard to believe that a dog chow can be allergic to all these items (this is my 4th chow, with no prior problems). We are scheduled to talk to the vet on Monday. Have any of you had this type of problem before or have any suggestions to ask the vet about. Your advice is appreciated.
maikinda
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: allergy test reults

Post by maikinda »

I have had short periods of time that my dogs had allergy problems, but this year it has been constant with 2 of my girls. They are 6 years old now and never had problems like this. Since I have not changed anything it has to be something outside. They have been taking Benedryl every day for months now.

Hope you find something that helps your girl!

Laura
Attachments
Micah tag.jpg
Micah tag.jpg (12.41 KiB) Viewed 1849 times