Taking Care Of Your Pet: Dog Grooming Tips

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

karven
Rank 0
Rank 0

Taking Care Of Your Pet: Dog Grooming Tips

Post by karven »

Grooming is considered an important aspect of your pet dog's health. It is important that you take good care of your pet dog to ensure that your pet is happy and healthy. Dogs that are regularly groomed are healthier and look shinier since good grooming also stimulates blood supply to the skin. If you are looking for proper dog grooming tips, you have come to the right place.

Dogs are man's best friends. What better way to build a special bond with your own pet dog than to regularly perform dog grooming. It is also important to start grooming your dog early on. It is best to start while your pet dog is still a puppy. Most dogs are said to learn to see routine brushing as another source of affection and attention. It is important that you invest in a good quality brush or comb. You also need to make sure that your pet dog's ears, eyes, nose, and nails are also well cared for.

There are quite a number of dog breeds today and each has specific grooming needs. You are provided with a few dog grooming tips in this article.

Caring for your Pomeranian dog
The Pomeranian has a distinctly long double coat - the harsh and textured outer, and the soft and dense under coat. It is important that the Pomeranian's coat is brushed daily in order to prevent mats and tangles. It is also advisable to have the eyes and ears cleaned daily. Daily brushing of its teeth is also a must. The outer coat of Pomeranians constantly sheds, while the under coat sheds only once or twice a year.

Caring for your Dalmatian dog
This breed is considered as clean dogs. They don't have the usual doggy odor. Dalmatian's short coat constantly sheds all year through, though they usually shed heavily two times a year. If you have Dalmatian, you need to brush them regularly. Ideally, they are brushed at least once or twice each week; this will remove dead hairs and control shedding. Bathing should be done only when needed.

Caring for your Chow Chow
It is important to follow strict grooming tips if you own a Chow Chow. This dog breed has a thick double coat. It is necessary to give its coat regular brushing to avoid the formation of mats and tangles. Chow Chows are known to shed quite heavily with the seasons. It is important that you give them extra effort in grooming. Shampoo only when there is a need for it.

Caring for your Chihuahua
Chihuahuas are average shedder. Some Chihuahuas have short coat, while there are others which have long coat. Like other dog breeds, their nails need to be trimmed regularly. They should be given baths once a month. If your Chihuahua has short hair, it will need occasional brushing. Simply wiping it with a damp cloth is enough to keep them clean. However, if you have a long-haired Chihuahua, it is important to brush its hair daily with a soft-bristle comb.

Dogs will feel loved and cared for not only if you feed them regularly. Grooming them regularly makes them feel happy and keeps them healthy. We hope that these simple dog grooming tips will help you to properly care for your pet dog.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There lilo stitch storage tank, give your baby, let him develop good spending habits.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Taking Care Of Your Pet: Dog Grooming Tips

Post by Rory's Dad »

I feel like i have just been force fed a PSA. And since the post wasnt really breed specific, i think i have been fed spam as well. What a yucky feeling. Goverment rationed spam.
smithcolleen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Taking Care Of Your Pet: Dog Grooming Tips

Post by smithcolleen »

My chow loves it when I'm brushing her fur, she always go to me every time I sat on the sofa to let me brush her. And I think it's really good to always brush her fur to avoid tangles. I she also love it when I massaged her, she is so picky she doesn't want others will be massaging her. One time my husband wants to play with her and massaging her but she run unto me. I can't forget my husbands face at that time, it look likes a jealous boyfriend. hahaha :)