Chow Puppy Vomits

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

licorish
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Puppy Vomits

Post by licorish »

Good evening... I'm here to consult about my chow chow puppy. She'll be turning 3mos this february 11. We got her for 3 weeks now.

I just got home from school and found her eating dinner from her bowl (my sister fed her). I just let her be 'cause she looks okay. I went to my room, after a while, she went up to the door, looked at me then bent her head down. I saw her stomach rumble and move into waves (like strong peristalsis or something), accompanied by loud churning or grumbling noises. Then she vomitted her dog food (it resembles her dog food, like it hasn't been bitten/digested 'cause the shape was still intact). I moved her away from her vomit, then she proceeded to go to her drinking spot (where there's still a bowl of water waiting). What should I do? I was so scared. Since she vomitted most of her meal, should I feed her again? There's no vet clinic open at this time. :(

Thank you in advance... :(
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow Puppy Vomits

Post by Pinoy51 »

Hi Licorish,
keep cool, occasional Vomiting of food is nothing serious. could be just being eaten to quick or something indigestible was picked up with the food
Actually you let your pup just eat the vomited food again, nothing wrong with that.
Just observe if there is anything else unusual.
Since you removed the food, just feed him again with fresh food.
So just relax for a while and observe if something else happens it is time to go to the vet tomorrow.
Best regards
Pinoy51
licorish
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by licorish »

Pinoy51 wrote:Hi Licorish,
keep cool, occasional Vomiting of food is nothing serious. could be just being eaten to quick or something indigestible was picked up with the food
Actually you let your pup just eat the vomited food again, nothing wrong with that.
Just observe if there is anything else unusual.
Since you removed the food, just feed him again with fresh food.
So just relax for a while and observe if something else happens it is time to go to the vet tomorrow.
We've been observing her for days now. She's been vomiting once a day. Now it's just pure white liquid. It really bothers me. We might go to the vet later... :(
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

alright , that's not ususal anymore. It is indeed time to see the vet.
somthing has upset the stomache which seems to be still present, the vet needs to find out what it is.
Important is that she drinks water, and poops and pees normal, if anything else changes besides the vomiting the trip to the vet has to be rather quick now.
Best regards
Pinoy51