Help! Insurance question

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chloe25
Rank 0
Rank 0

Help! Insurance question

Post by chloe25 »

Hi, i just bought my first chow!
Its going to be 8 weeks this week, but i want to get a insurance that is affordable and that covers most expenses !
My chow is purebred with the akc registration.
If anyone could give me a idea because so far the insurances i looked into are $40 per month or more.

thank you !!
gluesticks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Help! Insurance question

Post by gluesticks »

We have our chow, Louie, on Petplan. Cannot complain and is very affordable for us. You can customize your own plan. Ours is a $200 deductible with 100% reimbursement (we have bronze plan which is for $10k coverage/year), and is roughly $455 a year. They will not cover knee problems, but will cover genetic issues so long as your dog was not showing clinical signs prior to enrollment and you never cancel your insurance with them (though plans can be changed/altered).

Louie was diagnosed with severe congenital hip dysplasia at 1.5 years of age (we have had him on the plan since 10 weeks of age) and our insurance has said they will cover any and all surgery or therapy he may require in the future.

So yes, I recommend them =)

-Glue
Last edited by gluesticks on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
chloe25
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chloe25 »

Sounds awesome! I will take a look at it asap ! Thank you so much :)
gluesticks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gluesticks »

http://www.gopetplan.com/

You can use their fetch tool to the right to get a quote. They are very nice people too if you have any questions or they need to call you.

They also have military discounts, among others.

You're welcome!

-Glue