Strange inflammation, No Diagnosis - Photos inside

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

luigiborromeo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Strange inflammation, No Diagnosis - Photos inside

Post by luigiborromeo »

My 8 year old boy, Bokeh, was just doing fine on our normal play time on the park. He wasn't limping or showing any signs of pain. As he was running around with another dog, I suddenly heard a loud cry coming from them. I couldn't confirm which it came from since they were behind a short bush.

Right after the incident, I immediately checked on him. I palpated his inner right Axilla and part of his upper forelimb and he cried. We decided to stay for a little while and check him out further. He wasn't limping and his gait is normal. When we got home I tried to palpate the same area again and I got the same reaction.

We decided to bring him to his vet the next day. Our little boy wasn't cooperating well so the doctor had a hard time checking on him. His doctor said he had an inflammation on his forelimb. He gave us NSAIDs(anti-inflam meds) and instructed us to come back to days later.

Just as we were about to go back for his follow-up check-up two days after, we saw a large inflammation on his right axilla.

We informed our vet regarding this and we were prescribed with more anti-inflam meds, anti-biotics and DMSO (topical).

Tonight is his 4th night limping and while we were applying the DMSO cream to the area, we saw this:

We're still hoping for a definite diagnosis. Does anybody know what this might be? Hoping for your inputs.

ADDITIONAL info:
- on harness only during walking time. We always removed his harness after our walk