allergy

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow315

allergy

Post by chow315 »

hi my dog has allergies and i put him on a special food for it. its blue buffalo for sensitivety.i have stoppped all treats and people food.he is only eating the food mixed with his meds. i.ve read where most dogs are allergic to chicken and beef. his food is turkey. what can i give him as a treat? is cheese okay?
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: allergy

Post by Rory's Dad »

Cant speak to the chow allergies as both my dogs get chicken breast and beef hamburger on a regular basis. They also get Cottage Cheese for breakfast daily. Neither has an issue with any of it.

Their 2nd tier treat is cheese and no problems there either (liver bait is 1st and used only for shows). Rory, our 19 month old male only likes American Cheese, but Amber our 5 month old female likes American and String Cheese (mozzarella i think).
chow315

Post by chow315 »

my dog is suppossed to be taking 6 benadryl a day [by vet orders] it is very difficult to get all 6 in him each day.he is very smart and stubborn.everything that has been said on here i have done . still cant get all 6 in.he cries and scratches himself until he is bloody. i am treating these spots as if they are hot spots. tea bags, hot spot spray / i dont know what else to do
chow315

Post by chow315 »

my dog is taking 6 benadryl daily for allergies.IT IS NOT WORKING.i have read where zyrtec helps. has anybody tried it?