Puppy Breath

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Puppy Breath

Post by applebear »

Well he's here, went to get him Friday and what a long journey for both of us. He is very affectionate, but def has issues with new people...my last chows were much older when they became distant from strangers so yeah, bleh. I am trying to find puppy classes to start him in as soon as he's old enough...sadly that will be harder than it sounds in this area. He has his independence, but it hasn't been so strong where it seems impossible to work with...he sits for his food all ready. He is all ready housebroke too...he was asking for the door by Saturday. I forgot what little smart guys they were.

My only concern now is how much he wants to go outside. He is asking to go outside all most every 10 minutes...I'm not being sarcastic. He goes every time. If I don't take him out when he asks, he'll go on floor...so it's not just a "I want to go outside to play thing." I would think he has a bladder infection, but he holds it in his crate all night no problem. I thought maybe it was his small bladder, but I guess I just need to confirm...as my friend says her corgi pups didn't go out even close to what he does. I realize it's been years since I had a pup, but I don't remember having to go out THIS much.

Anyhow, one last pic here and then I'll post any in the future in the proper spot. This is him with Ro...excuse the floor, the carpet was stripped and waiting for new to be put in.

PS No name yet...sigh, I'm thinking about Lance or JaCy but I'm having a really hard time on it.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Puppy Breath

Post by Chowmomma »

How cute!!!!!
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

He has that ornory look for sure!
iceskates
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by iceskates »

Cute pup!
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

hehe yeah he def has his ornery moments, but so far nothing too horrible...he seems to have a mouth to find tiny things you can't see on the floor. Has a million toys, but what fun are those? :P