My chow chow seems unwell :(

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Ambivalent89
Rank 0
Rank 0

My chow chow seems unwell :(

Post by Ambivalent89 »

today my chow chow threw up once and it came out the color yellow. Her stomach now is making loud noises, she still up for walking, but the stomach noises is what bothering me, do you think she is unwell? I am going to take her to the vet this weekend, but I just can't stop thinking if she is in pain? :(
Ambivalent89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: My chow chow seems unwell :(

Post by Ambivalent89 »

I took her to the vet yesterday! got full check up and she is healthy, they gave her medicine for her stomach and her shots! so happy that she is healthy.
Boogie and Linda
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Boogie and Linda »

I am glad you took her to the vet and all is ok.
Ambivalent89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ambivalent89 »

Thank you Boogie and Linda :)
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

This is for the future as I know you went to the vet:
When your chow vomits such liquid that's yellow in color, that means his stomach is empty and nothing to vomit except the very acid contained in the stomach. He has stomach upset. Maybe he is not eating at all. Try to give him something to whet his appetite. Milk, biscuits...
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Cam Atis wrote:This is for the future as I know you went to the vet:
When your chow vomits such liquid that's yellow in color, that means his stomach is empty and nothing to vomit except the very acid contained in the stomach. He has stomach upset. Maybe he is not eating at all. Try to give him something to whet his appetite. Milk, biscuits...
This post and your reply brought things to light. Thank you for your helpful information. About a week ago when I was walking Whitby, she did what I call the “puke dance” and what she threw up was yellow in color. I wrecked my brain trying to figure out what she must have eaten or gotten into. The last few months Whitby has decided to change her eating pattern. Some days she’ll eat during the day,other days she doesn’t eat anything until bedtime or she doesn't eat at all. Prior to her new eating pattern I'd feed her 4 times a day.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Definitely bile that your pup threw up. My dogs throw up bile every once in a while when their stomachs are empty for and extended period of time (sometimes they just won't eat) but usually they'll eat right after and will be fine.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Loo's tummy makes the funniest noises too. One time, when he had tummy trouble, I ran out into the hall because I heard one of the cat's scream in distress. Or so I thought! :-)
If your Chow keeps having this problem, maybe have the vet check for food allergies. Loo has such a hard time with being allergic to almost everything! :-(
Ambivalent89
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ambivalent89 »

Thank you all for the replies and feed back, I warm up her food now, since she likes it more when it's a bit soft.