Does my Chow Chow look purebred?

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Does my Chow appear to be purebred?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:37 pm

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes: 4

leighannerc
Rank 0
Rank 0

Does my Chow Chow look purebred?

Post by leighannerc »

My boyfriend and I brought home our baby a few months ago and had not received any papers. Being that she was our first puppy together, we were a little uneducated on how the puppy buying process goes and did not even think to ask for papers. We were able to see her parents, however, and they both looked like full blooded Chows. Our baby's name is Nala and she has a completely blue/black tongue and everyone who sees her just thinks she's absolutely gorgeous. When she was a baby, my boyfriend and I were positive that she was full blooded but as she grows older, I'm beginning to question it a little and am curious to see what other people think. This is strictly just a poll on whether she looks purebred based only off her looks. Eventually, my boyfriend and I would like to get her DNA tested to find out 100%.
So please join in :)

PS- the other puppy shown in one of tthe pictures is her sister who does have papers and is purebred :)

Caryl Myers
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Does my Chow Chow look purebred?

Post by Caryl Myers »

If her littermate is pure bred, so is yours

Caryl Myers
www.cejamchows.com
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Does my Chow Chow look purebred?

Post by Constantina »

LOL! i was scratching my head when i saw the Sharpei!!! If that was her sister with papers then you were conned my friend! I guess you meant the solo chow with the blue tag? Your chow chow def looks pure to me. Adorable alert!! :P