deaf chow mix

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chow315

deaf chow mix

Post by chow315 »

ithink chows are my absolute favorite. about a year ago we adopted from craigslist. he was described as being deaf and about to put down.well his picture captured my heart. i called and was told his owners died and no one wanted him. his only medical problem was deaf he is 9 yearsold.we got him and he is the sweetest dog you could ever imagine. his former owners trained him very well. he is a little gentleman . he is loving to everyone and everything but cats. if we walk he is insulted if ppl dont pet him. he walks up and wags that curly tail.well after a year of dealing with ear infections and lots of prayers God healed his little ears. he is so funny when he hears his bark.
we also went to the pound and get an american dingo also called a carolina dog.he has a pancreas problem and you have to mix a sn enzyme to his food.when we got him he was 40lbs.we took them to the vet and she told us about his pancreas. she said he was starving to death, you could count every rib. with theenzymes he is now 59lbs and is healthy as can be. my vet is nad at the dog pound, she said i should have been told about his condition.
well the 2 of them get along great they are really good company for each other
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: deaf chow mix

Post by reddog »

Thank you for sharing such a touching story. It warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face as I read it. These two pups are so fortunate to have you find them and give them a new lease on life and lots of love. God bless you! =D=

May I suggest you post this on the General forum? Not everyone comes to this forum and I think others would enjoy reading this post
chow315

Re: deaf chow mix

Post by chow315 »

how do you do that?