strange black growth/mole? on chin

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

juliana
Rank 0
Rank 0

strange black growth/mole? on chin

Post by juliana »

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on this -- recently I noticed a small little growth on/under my 7 month old male Chow's chin (Baloo). I can't get that great a look at it because he has black fur, but it doesn't seem to bother him at all, no scratching or anything like that. It could be a scab from a bugbite or something, but it's been on their for a little while now and I feel like I would be able to recognize that. He did have a weird bugbite in that area, though I can't say for sure whether it was in the same place -- that seemed to be healing fine as far as I could tell. I don't think it hurts him when I get close to it or touch it either, though I'm not sure because he squirms no matter what when I hold his face still for too long.

Do Chows get moles? If anyone has any idea what this could be, I'd appreciate the insight!

Thanks
J
juliana
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: strange black growth/mole? on chin

Post by juliana »

It was just a scab -- coming apart now -- so all of you who looked at my post and thought there was some new terrible skin disease... no worries!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: strange black growth/mole? on chin

Post by Cocoa »

Good to hear it was just a scab. Baloo is adorable, what a great smile. :D