help please...

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

letsirk_xxii
Rank 0
Rank 0

help please...

Post by letsirk_xxii »

hi people.my baby, 2mos old chow is having watery stool for 3days now and the meds the vet gave is not helping. she doesn't even eat well and she seldom drink water. can anyone give me advice on what to feed her that will improve her condition. im really worried about my baby.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: help please...

Post by chowpups »

I answered on the other thread about having her checked for worms or other parasites, but to get her to drink I added some beef broth just about a tables spoon to enhance the water. Plus I boiled rice and put a little water in the bowl with it along with boiled ground beef. ( most boil chicken with rice but Bella was having problems with chicken)
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Canned Pumpkin, not the pie filling it has spices. Try a generous tablespoon of the pumpkin mixed with cooked rice, boiled or microwaved chicken or ground beef boiled or microwaved to remove the fat; as Chowpups said. Some Puppy foods have milk in them that can cause watery stools. If you can see another Veterinarian I would recommend it. :|
Hayley92
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Hayley92 »

You need to get her back to any vet ASAP, puppys dehydrate very quickly and electrolytes are lost through watery stools. Especially if she's not eating she will most likely need to be placed on a drip and her condition stabilized and the vet can also investigate the cause while she is there.
chow315

Post by chow315 »

she may have a pancreas problem like my dingo does.the vet can do a test.it can be fixed with an enzyme you add to the food. your pup will never be cured they have to have the enzyme for all their life