Brushing Her Teeth?

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Sarah
Rank 0
Rank 0

Brushing Her Teeth?

Post by Sarah »

Hi!

I was just curious as to how often everyone brushes their Chow Chow's teeth. I brush Lola's once a week. Too little? Too much?

Thanks =P~
Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game ;) Loving my 2 year old darling Lola <3
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Brushing Her Teeth?

Post by Tippsy'smom »

I use to brush my chow girl, Tippsy's teeth once a week. However, I don't brush Jasper, Dixie, and Todd's teeth. I just give them bones to chew.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

We alternate, just rubbing the tooth paste through the teeth once a week, and then actually using the brush with the paste every 2nd week.
davidmorison
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by davidmorison »

Dear no problems your puppy so little that's why no issue because small puppy have n enough diets..don't effect the teeth.
sara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sara »

You should brush daily,

I brushed my dogs teeth daily and gave him chew toys, when he passed away at a good age for an extra large breed (he was huge) he had gorgeous white teeth, he was a black dog and people inc. vets always commented how lovely and clean his teeth looked.

I got my chow 7 weeks ago and am patiently getting her used to having her teeth brushed, I can brush three teeth at a time now so she is doing well, at first she would not let the brush touch her teeth.
Always be gentle while brushing, the same goes when brushing your own teeth, too vigorous brushing causes problems like receding gums. A gentle brushing technique is all that's needed.

There are good videos on 'you tube' showing how to brush your dogs teeth if anyone is interested in this topic.