Stimulating Hugo

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Stimulating Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Hi
Entropian went well, stitches will come out Friday. Still limping on the ACL injured leg which he is having a series of injections for. The vet said he can do 5min walks , 3- 4 times a day. He is limping alot today and I don't want to hurt it any more. Any suggestions how to stimulate Hugo mentally and a little physically without hurting him any more.. Thanks in advance.
Michelle x
PCC
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Stimulating Hugo

Post by PCC »

I like to give Dim Sum raw meaty bones. Not only are they good for his teeth and gums, I can see that chewing on them stimulates both his mind and body.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Have you tried a Kong? I use the with Dixie and Jazz on rainy days and days where it's just plain too.hot to do anything outside (it helps Dixie relax during thunder storms, which she's terrified of, and it works their minds). I fill these guys' with peanut butter, and sometimes add pieces of kibble to that as well. It takes them a good long while to get everthing out. :lol:
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Hi
Yes I do the raw bones for him, might try the kong too. Thanks for the input.
x
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

We hide treats around for Rio, and he goes a-hunting!! There are (believe it or not) toys for dogs that are suppose to tax the brain, they have to push levers with their paws to get treats out of compartments, can Hugo go out into the garden and maybe bird watch? Rio loves watching birdies (once he realizes he can't fly to get to them) he sits and stares,try a toy box and fill it with Hugos toys but hide treats in there.
It must be awful trying to keep him busy without the usual zoomie and run time.
Get well soon Hugo, Rio sends big slobbery kisses.
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Thanks, I will try the toy box, but he's not usually very interested in his toys.
x
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Rio is more interested in our 19 month old grandsons toy box then his own, but our grandson often shuts himself in Rios sleeping are and plays with Rios toys, so I guess it is a fair trade!!!!!