Where are you getting Comfortis?

Health topics and issues with Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

Where are you getting Comfortis?

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

How are the rest of you getting your RX filled? $90 for 6 tabs from vet in USA. As low as $59 +$11 shipping from Australia. Something is definitely wrong if I can get an American product cheaper from a Company half way around the world without a Prescription.And save $20 to boot.Tell me whats wrong with this scenario? Between the Heartgard and Comfortis and vet visits I'm finding pets expensive to keep. How about you?
MissV
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Where are you getting Comfortis?

Post by MissV »

its a labour of love, and i try not to think about expenses or it would drive me dilly.
Pure is the heart of an animal - Evil is the heart of man...
Lizabethnfluff
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Lizabethnfluff »

We got ours from the US, and from places that are licensed as a pharmacy because my veterinarian (although ok with us ordering them online) gets concerned when people order them overseas since there's no guarantee that it's the right product. This way, we'd get the cheaper price plus some comfort (sorry, no pun indended) in knowing that the place is credible since they carry a license. There was another client my vet had who apparently had ordered some Revolution overseas and they found out that it was filled with water (Revolution doesn't look full in those tubes and these arrived looking full, which meant that whoever they bought it from diluted the content).

At least when we're ordering them in the US, we can file complaints if there are issues. International stuff gets a bit shadier and tricker. How on earth do you know that you're actually getting an American product? They sell comfortis overseas as well, but it has different formulations.

We got ours here http://www.californiapetpharmacy.com/co ... -dogs.html before Romeo swtiched over to Trifexis for HW, and although the prices might not be as cheap as that Australian price that you're talking about and I need to send them a prescription, I really don't want to in danger my Romeo to anything. It's a fine balance between being thrifty and killing my dog because of some meds I gave him that were counterfeit; it's too much risk.
Last edited by Lizabethnfluff on Tue May 08, 2012 11:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

What's Comfortis? And yes, pets are hellishly expensive! :-(
hjana
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by hjana »

when you order online and have it shipped from a very far out place it might not be guaranteed that you will be getting the right product or a placebo one that might have been manufactured elsewhere so i suggest that you just get then from a licensed pharmacy. if you really consider your pet as part of family then i think that you can make way to pay the expenses too.
Michael's Maggie May
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Michael's Maggie May »

The comfortis you buy from the Aussies is made by the same company, Lilly. The australians are not out to screw us over a prescription. The ones that I worry about is my American brother. Don't let the Vets scare you into thinking the RXs are fake, they just want their outrageous price and profit. Lilly is supplying the pet world with Comfortis and if I can save $30 by getting it from somewhere else then thats what I'm doing.